Another for your opinions? What do you think

Cole_Alex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a pic I took with my digital. Olympus C3040z

This is a portrait I took from a trickey spot. It is a Gorge overlook at a state park near by. I had to get down over the edge of the over look to get the photo that is why I am looking up so much at the subject. Please give me your feedback.

Thanks
Alex

Missy_one.jpg

I would have to say the way i like to see portraits, is when the background is blurred say shooting with an f-stop of 5.6 or lower, it isoltates the subject better. Plus the rock in front is kind of a distraction. Have anymore?

I like the light and the exposure of the subject but the rock (object) in the foreground is really ruining it for me. Maybe if it was in focus, it would be better but I'd still rather see it cropped out.

A tighter crop on the subject might also improve this photo. IMO

The subject's dark hair is blending in with the tree on her right side...A slight change of angle could solve this with out having to resort to a hair light.

The location looks really nice, I'd also like to see some more for here, if you have any.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took this pic with my p&s digital camera running shutter pri. This is probly the reason for the deep depth of field. I was trying to go for some natural framing with the rock but I agree with its distraction from the main subject. If it were more horizontal and a tad bit less intrusive I would be much happier my self.

Here is another portrait I took about 2 wks ago.

P1030259-sm.jpg

I had a hard time with lighting with the pics from this day. They only had time for us to go out at about 1:00 wich is terrible for light. I tried to work with shade and I had a reflector camera left to bring some light back into his face but it wasn't enough. The pics from my film camera turned out much nicer and they have a much shallower depth of field. For some reason I just can't get much blurr from my small Oly C3040z camera.

This photo was taken with @f3.2 1/125 iso 100 Focal length 103mm.
I figured at 103mm with f3.2 I would get quite a bit of blur being they were about 5 ft from the closest of the brush behind them.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for the input....please keep it coming

Alex

Most reactions

New Topics

Back