Another Mirage? Digital Insert for Film Cameras

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Seems to be another version of that fabled vaporware "Silicon Film." Remember?

I guess hitching this stuff to Kickstarter saves face for the developers if the product is ultimately DOA?

When digital first became an option, most of the higher end bodies had an option to replace the stock back with a digital. Never took off due to cost and back then the quality of digital was poor.

When digital first became an option, most of the higher end bodies had an option to replace the stock back with a digital. Never took off due to cost and back then the quality of digital was poor.
Really? Don't recall any other than vaporware that promised that. Nikon? Canon? Show me...
Kodak's Nikon-based proto-DSLR comes to mind--that's it.

Really? Don't recall any other than vaporware that promised that. Nikon? Canon? Show me...
Kodak's Nikon-based proto-DSLR comes to mind--that's it.
Here's a link to one, high end medium format. Well beyond my budget though. I thought I had seen one for Nikon F bodies some years ago. I'll keep looking.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say. Seems they never took off as I mentioned. They mention the one Nikon digital back but was for NASA and not on the commercial market.

After Silicon Film rolled out their prototype product around 2001, a parade of "slap a sensor where the 35mm film used to go" products followed--none to my knowledge worked or ever graced a store shelf once the promo hype faded. Digital backs for MF cameras were another matter entirely.

This sounds vaguely familiar... I don't remember much about it. I just have digital and film bodies to work with the same lenses, not that hard to switch.

Love the video where the guy pulls a BLANK(!) PROCESSED(!) roll of film out of the camera.......WHAT????????

Most reactions

New Topics

Back