Another newbie willing to learn

Lego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Totally new to the DSLR world I have very little experience with the DSLR. When I had a point and shoot camera I took photos of whatever I could. I just finally found a DSLR that was affordable.

So far happy but I just want to learn more about the features it has. Please forgive me now if my questions seem simple. I will use the search as much as I can but that is another thing I can't figure out how to use well....

Here are a couple photos I have taken already and I use the A setting on the camera... LOL you can laugh but IÂ’m that new to these settings.

CRW_6253_RJ.jpg

WhiteFlower01.jpg

CRW_6301_RJ.jpg

JasperNightFall01.jpg

PinkFlower01.jpg

YellowFlower01.jpg

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to TPF!! By A mode do you mean auto or aperture priority??

Welcome to The Photo Forum! I do like some of those photos, although I would recommend you explore with the other modes on your camera. Aperture Priority (A or Av depending on your make) and Shutter Priority (S or Tv) are good places to start. Also, if I could give you one bit of advice: Experiment! Take tons of photos of the same thing, but change something each time: Aperture, shutter speed, composition, until you find something (or some things) that work out. Just try and try again!

Although you seem to be learning pretty quickly anyway. Keep it up! :biggrin:

Welcome to TPF!! By A mode do you mean auto or aperture priority??

Yes I think that is what it is. I don't have the manual for it.

It is a Cannon ESO. I am excited to learn how to use the camera and that is the main reason I thought I would sign up on this forum. It seems like there is a lot of great information on here.

I'm into off-roading and a lot places I go are places most can't get to.

Now I'm just looking for a telephoto lens because the one I'm using is a 15-55 (standard lens from what I have read). Any suggestions for online buying for camera equipment?

What is F-stop? I read it but I can't find it on my camera... I'm sure it is there but just don't know what setting that would be....

I have so many questions :confused: on this camera it is ridiculous please bear with me until I can figure out the camera.:D

Welcome. I am also brand new to the DSLR world. I have used a point and shoot up till now and decided it was time to switch over. I understand how you feel and am a bit overwhelmed with all the settings but I am planning on lots of practice shots so I can get the hang of it.

Sarah

Most reactions

Back