Another Newborn Shoot, something is in the water around here....

Crimsonandwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I am starting to get more critical on myself, even though I find the parents to just go stupid over the photos when they see them. I can't get much of anything negative or critical from them, they just love "little timmy" and he is so damn cute! blah blah blah :) So i turn to my homies at TPF to help me improve once again! This family was more interesting than the shoots from before, she had a few things that she really wanted (crib with planes, black back drop stuff) This was my first attempt at setting up a make shift "studio" in someones living room, let me know what I can do better! Thanks as always!

372801278_YML2s-M-1.jpg

372803033_JxBKk-M-1.jpg

372804873_A2G9D-M-1.jpg

372808388_XPhJN-M-1.jpg

372812662_FGh7B-M-1.jpg

372837010_Non9g-M.jpg

372841190_Pw372-M.jpg

372790552_vKs6X-M-1.jpg

372788247_Zn3KS-M-1.jpg

10. Tried something different here, what ya think?
372794178_5o2dr-M-1.jpg

There are some very cute captures here. :)
In the images with the black backdrop the skin tones look a bit orange on my monitor.

a nice series, however, look out in the first two pictures where you are nearly losing the mother's hair in the background

With outdoor photography what can i do on those first 2 to keep the hair from blending in with the background? Should I just see that when I am composing and move her/myself to compensate? Or is there something else I can do PP?

Thanks and any other observations would be appreciated...

9. my fav of the bunch, good composition.

6. I like but I would have the parents move closer to the baby to close the gaps.

7. would be fantastic if you managed to get at least some of the babies face in

3, 4 I would have liked to see more of the babies face (shooting left of the position you shot from)

Otherwise, very good stuff, keep it up

The on location studio is a great way to get quality stuff done. I love low key with baby work.The black backdrop is a great start. Tonal merger is getting you a good bit in a few here . To get by this use a kicker light ( background light used to kick they from the backdrop) This will double as a hair light too. You could go strobist style or sync cord it.

All in all great work. D.E.:D

4 and 8 seem very orange to me. The rest are beautiful!

Most reactions

Back