Another potential

jimiismydaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this the other day at the arboretum. I looks really good to me, and I wanted to really make it stand out and give it that wow look. I applied benjakins soft light effect he has been posting about here, and toned down the sky a little. Id love some suggestions. Thanks!

Original:
DSC04903.jpg

Edited:
DSC04903e.jpg

honestly, i like the original better. the contrast is more pleasing to the eye (even if it means a slight haze effect)

*cracks knuckles*

Both of the first two versions are just way too harsh. It hurts just to look at them.

I increased the overall vibrance of the image, I added some fill light to reduce contrast and fill in some of the shadows, I put a little vignette to it to add emphasis to the center, I dodged the doors and windows, and burned the sky becuase I got too many jpeg compression artifacts from just turing the blue luminance down.

DSC04903_EDIT.jpg

I think that gives it more of a wow effect than the original and looks more natural.

I like both the original and Sw1tchFX's edit. Great composition! But while I think the edit looks better, I don't think that it looks more natural.

@Sw1tchFX: Could you explain a little more in detail what you did exactly? I understand the dodging and burning part, but I don't get the rest...

That is a great change, I agree both of mine are too sharp. I found a nice action to send it through, heres one, its similar to yours. How did you lighten up the house?

DSC04903edit3.jpg

Most reactions

Back