Another test - Windex bottle, Part I - story involved

Apart from the fact that the top photo is not level and the water is running out of it on the right, there's nothing really wrong with it, and there are not "too many birds" as the photo was taken IN ORDER to show HOW MANY birds there were.

(And I miss your attempts to make the most of a Windex Bottle, too ;))

Apart from the fact that the top photo is not level and the water is running out of it on the right, there's nothing really wrong with it, and there are not "too many birds" as the photo was taken IN ORDER to show HOW MANY birds there were.

(And I miss your attempts to make the most of a Windex Bottle, too ;))

Thank you.

I want to edit the bird photo and have it printed.
I've not done any editing at all, and I feel this photo can be made better.
I'm thinking of decreasing the exposure slightly and taking some of the gamma out.
I may run a sharpener over it +5 or 10.

I copied the original for edit and have somewhat tested the waters with this.
I was afraid to do too much.

birdsup14.jpg

I have no online means to put back the full resolution photo, so I had to downsize it for one of my photohosts, but this is what I'd do with it, if it were mine:

birdsup14myedit.jpg

I'd straighten it, crop it to the usual ratio, then mask off the part of water that reflects the sky (bottom), as I wouldn't want to change anything about it, and would then brighten the top part separately (I usually work with the lasso tool and a very soft feather, but I don't know if not the names of all these tools have changed in the course of time, my Photoshop is ancient).

Maybe I could get you to edit it for me???
I only have a trial version of Lightroom 3 and I dont know how to edit different parts of a photo.
If work allows, I'm going to start taking classes.

I want to print the Gator as well.
I wish I had another shot at that image.
I think it's neat the way the body is under water and can be seen.

This thread needs moar telephoto mode.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back