Another try - need studio pointers

eyeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here was my first studio shoot. I use 2 alienbees B400 at 8 o'clock and 5 o'clock and tried to use a reflector for back lighting. I did not really know what I was doing, just winging it. I edited with curves to black out the background on those ones and then saturation, WB, minor cloning and cropping. I know there are far from perfect but I am proud of myself never the less. I would really deeply appreciate some help seeing the errors or mistakes and advice for future shoots, including other equipment to consider.

jase5of92.jpg

jase19of19.jpg

jase13of19.jpg

jase1of92.jpg

look good to me.. not going to critique them because i'm too tired lol.

the first ones of the boy - possibly having a light about 5 o'clock and using a reflector at 8/9 o'clock for fill and using the other light behind the subject at say 2 o'clock to give the hair some light? his hair (being black) just fades into darkness but other than that i like them.

When you're shooting one person with two lights you can set one light at 45 degrees to subject and use the reflector for fill on the other side (play with the distance to get the fill just right). You can then use the other light for a backlight/ hair light or on the background.

Thanks for the set up suggestions. Will try that. Any other advice or C&C on the photos?

I'd say these look great to me especially for a first shoot. Only CC I have is that these are a bit sears/jcpenny-esque. I'd try and get a hair light going, and work on creativity now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back