Another Walk In Another Park In Japan (image heavy thread!)

It's so hard to see the spider in #18. Other than that, these are great photos! My favorite is the turtle in #4. It so simple, but very cool how it is just the turtles head in that open space of water. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys!

I keep re-impressing myself with what this little $200 Minolta can do.

It might have something to do with the person behind the $200 Minolta.

Maybe a little... But if I could really improve the quality of the sensor and lens with my mental abilities or something, I think I would be more famous, richer, or both. :D

I'm not trying to be hard to compliment or anything but really, for a $200 hockey-puck I'm continually amazed. But I'm easily amazed too - so.

#1 and #3 are very nice! I like the dark background and beautiful blue.

#4 the turtle saying hello. Very nice catch :mrgreen:

Good job as usual!

Thanks! I'm going to make a short tutorial I think on the defuser panel I made and it's use.

Thanks for the comments!

Much improvement you have made! I still think japan is just amazing looking. i especially enjoyed your improved insect shots, *high five*

i need to take some time out from work and go look for some critters. the one of the centipedes were my favourite. the colour on the rocks is wonderful.

PS how do you go about making your diffuser? i normally just use 8-1/2 X 11 paper with a hole in it.

very nice... good job and thanks for sharing

great series, if I had any nominations left I'd be nominating number 4

Much improvement you have made! I still think japan is just amazing looking. i especially enjoyed your improved insect shots, *high five*

i need to take some time out from work and go look for some critters. the one of the centipedes were my favourite. the colour on the rocks is wonderful.

- PS how do you go about making your diffuser? i normally just use 8-1/2 X 11 paper with a hole in it.

Wow, thanks man! The colored "rocks" is actually tree bark. Weird looking huh? That's what "jungle" conditions do... Molds and fungal growths everywhere.

The diffuser panel - I went ahead and made a tutorial thread on here with greater explanation than I could go into here. Check it out and add your thoughts and ideas man!

very nice... good job and thanks for sharing

Thank YOU for commenting! It's appreciated!

great series, if I had any nominations left I'd be nominating number 4
Really??? For Meeeee??? I'm seriously flattered! I feel like Jim Carrey in "Mask" where he was accepting the emmy after his REALLY BAD (but funny) dying act - just after the bad guys shot him. :D :lmao:

Seriously appreciated! Thanks!

Very cool. These Japanese parks are great places for wildlife shots. I like the dark background on the hydrangeas, especially the first one. Those little fish look pretty cool, almost transparent. The fish with the babies is pretty cool, although the picture is a little busy. Maybe a polarizing filter could have cut down on the reflections a bit? Number 9 really stands out to me because of the colors, it's too bad he was hiding his face though. I think these guys are actually millipedes rather than centipedes as they have two legs per body segment. Millipedes are pretty friendly by comparison, I don't think they bite like the centipedes. The red beetle is really cool, I like the shot with the moss because you get some green in there too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back