Another wedding photography thread...

Update. It rained up to about 20 minutes before the outdoor ceremony happened. Then the umbrellas were put away, chairs were wiped dry, and things started more or less on schedule. The sky was overcast, meaning that harsh shadows did NOT happen. Fill flash did a good job of creating highlights. Fun was had by all. Pretty much all the shots I've planned for happened organically. Quite a few shots were actually pretty good straight out of the camera, so those I gave to the wedding party. The rest are being pared down to maybe 50-100 for printing. These I'll work on over the evenings of the next week or two. Equipment worked perfectly. I ended using only three sets of batteries (one for the camera, two for the flash). For those who care about such things, I've started with ISO 1600 outside and in the tent, then moved it up to ISO 3200 and 6400 as it got darker. Flash was set up in High-speed mode (to handle shutter speeds above my sync speed), on top of a tall bracket, and with a small diffuser. No red-eye, plenty of specular highlights on the irises, and the flash power was enough to provide just the right amount of brightening. High-ISO noise was surprisingly minimal (used a T7i as the main camera, with my T1i as backup). In the tent, bounce flash was quite adequate for overall lighting. It turned out to be a no-stress exercise and every family group had their own series of shots. Even the kids cooperated. As I mentioned in earlier posts, the whole wedding party was very laid-back and relaxed. I can say I had a very, very good time.

Thanks to "tirediron", "TCambell", "ac2" and others for helpful advice. Believe it or not, I internalized it and when it was time to actually do the photography, things just flowed.

pics or it didnt happen!

Some pics...

Note. some pics removed for privacy reasons.
(removed)
Ring blessing.JPG

(removed)
(removed)

And there are many, many more. Not to mention all the smartphone pics, videos, etc.

Last edited:
dat ring shot! smart.

Most reactions

Back