Advice on wedding photography and camera choice

I suggest to pony up a little more money and get photographer with experience. Flores, decorations and cake will go down the toilet by the end of the night.
Pictures are memories of that special moment that your sister will have forever!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Granted the standard thinking is hire a Wedding Photographer, however as there are different likes and specialties among photographers and what and how they shoot, there are differences in couples and what it important to them. Many people these days are rediscovering family and friends in a different light and value them more than in times past. More and more people are going back to smaller more intimate weddings instead of the stupid extravagances of weddings in the not too far past.

I hired a very good wedding photographer for our Daughters wedding. (I took care of the photographer, the wife took care of the dress to save my sanity.) He took beautiful photos.

The wife and I had an excellent photographer at our wedding 37 years ago. We haven't looked at those photos in 36 years. We have a family photo wall in the living room. You know, the old fashioned us, our parents, grand parents, brothers & sisters, kids and grandkids thing. The wedding photo we have up was a candid taken by one of our close friends. It captures the essence of our wedding better than the stock wedding photos from the hired pro.

Let's put this in context, £300 isn't even going to afford you a very low end student photographer with a base Rebel class camera and a kit lens.

Let's put this in context, £300 isn't even going to afford you a very low end student photographer with a base Rebel class camera and a kit lens.

Who you kiddin'? I know PLENTY of people who'd do it for $50. The quality may not be amazing, but they'd do it.

Who you kiddin'? I know PLENTY of people who'd do it for $50. The quality may not be amazing, but they'd do it.
For $50 I'll email you ideas of how to shoot the wedding with an iPhone

So hire 6 of those guys at $50, your bound to wind up with at least a couple of usable photos just from the dumb luck factor. Problem solved.

Whenever I hear about a couple getting crappy shots from a budget amateur, I smile and think: what do you expect?

My parents have no wedding photos because my dad asked his older brother to do it. And the older brother passed the camera to the youngest brother and buggered off. The kid with the camera had no idea what he was doing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back