Any flashlight technophilia?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have several LED flashlights. One is Coast G35 that I use red light for night to see the stars. I have Swiss Army, the AA one. It has nice design, but I think I lost it. I recently bought a Coast HP7 from Home Depot. I like the ultra view flood beam. The bulls-eye spot beam actually goes further, but it is not perfect circle. It is tempting to spend a lot of money on super high end flashlight like Fenix.

Just curious, what flashlight do you have?

LED Lenser P7. Only cost about $50 and is damn bright, small, and the spotlight has some reach! Well worth the $$. And a cheapie headlamp for astro stuff.

Jake

I've got a Petzyl Myo XP that I use for my night fishing trips. It's ok, does the job nice enough but it could do with more power. A lot of our lads swear by the Cree headlamps that were going cheap on "that" auction site a while ago.

Another happy LED Lenser fan. Very good lights for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a Petzyl Myo XP that I use for my night fishing trips. It's ok, does the job nice enough but it could do with more power. A lot of our lads swear by the Cree headlamps that were going cheap on "that" auction site a while ago.

I've heard lots of good things about Cree LED's. When I was looking into DIY-ing a LED light for my fishtank that's all people used.

I keep my Fenix E05 floodlight in my key case. Takes 1 AAA battery.

upload_2014-10-16_21-48-5.png

A while back, I picked up a couple of two-pack pocket-sized LED flashlights. They were on sale and ended being 75 cents each. I keep one on the nightstand, put one in the car glove box and gave the other two to my sons. They work pretty good for the price.

cmw3_d40_5427.jpg

Interesting, I read something in the Internet that Coast and Led Lenser used to be one company. I wonder why they separated.

To compete against one another and then artificially choose a winner and up the prices. Coast ups their prices... Then LED Lenser... Then coast... Talk about winning!

I use my phones flash light.

I do have a nice petzel headlamp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back