5 Day Deal Worth Purchasing?

If you are a beginner, it is probably worth the money, as long as you spend the time to read and absorb the e-books and videos. I don't use Photoshop actions so I don't consider that part of the offer to be worth much. I also don't know how much value you would get from the free 30-day trial. The e-books and videos you can keep forever are the value. For USD 89, why not. You are in the US and paying with US dollars, right?

Yes I'm in the US. The software I have is PS Elements 7 and I don't have Lightroom.

For $89 - it's probably not a bad deal; looking through it, I'd say about 2/3 of it woudl go directly to the recycle bin, but there are a couple of e-books that look good, Topaz remask is a nice product (I assume it's the previous version). I wouldn't call it a deal, and the "$2000" valuation is laughable, but at $89, I'd say it's reasonable.

If you are a beginner, it is probably worth the money, as long as you spend the time to read and absorb the e-books and videos. I don't use Photoshop actions so I don't consider that part of the offer to be worth much. I also don't know how much value you would get from the free 30-day trial. The e-books and videos you can keep forever are the value. For USD 89, why not. You are in the US and paying with US dollars, right?

Thanks Clicker. I responded below your post.

For $89 - it's probably not a bad deal; looking through it, I'd say about 2/3 of it woudl go directly to the recycle bin, but there are a couple of e-books that look good, Topaz remask is a nice product (I assume it's the previous version). I wouldn't call it a deal, and the "$2000" valuation is laughable, but at $89, I'd say it's re

Thanks tirediron. I thought the same thing about the $2000 value, kind of exaggerated.

Yes I'm in the US. The software I have is PS Elements 7 and I don't have Lightroom.
PS Elements 7 ?

I think the current version is 13 (I have 12)

any up to date training material might have features, etc that are not available in your version.
have you ever thought of perusing your manual and using online/youtube to help ?

Scott Kelby has published cookbooks for both Photoshop and Elements. Every version that comes out seems to get a new book, so they match the product pretty well. I like them because you can look up a task you want to perform and he gives you the eight or ten steps necessary. It is an easy way to get up-to-speed with the product.
I like the full Photoshop because you can do everything in 16 bit mode which gives smoother results. Also, the Lightroom/Photoshop version of Adobe Camera Raw is more powerful.
Some of the offerings in the package are about processing, but a lot of them are about photography, which would be useful if you are just starting out. Like Tirediron, I think their valuation is far too high, but there is probably two or three hundred dollars worth, which would still make it worthwhile.

I think that's a great value for $89. Education is worth a lot--so much that it is difficult to put a price on it. The Lightroom presets alone would be worth $89. Several of the presenters are real leaders in their areas, and I've seen them present on Creativelive.com. This will be a fabulous investment for only $89.

PS Elements 7 ?

I think the current version is 13 (I have 12)

any up to date training material might have features, etc that are not available in your version.
have you ever thought of perusing your manual and using online/youtube to help ?

Yes I do every so often and also have the book, and yes it's an old version. Eventually and hopefully either upgrade or buy Lightroom.

I think that's a great value for $89. Education is worth a lot--so much that it is difficult to put a price on it. The Lightroom presets alone would be worth $89. Several of the presenters are real leaders in their areas, and I've seen them present on Creativelive.com. This will be a fabulous investment for only $89.

Sounds like a good deal. Thank you for your opinion, it will help me in my decision.

Scott Kelby has published cookbooks for both Photoshop and Elements. Every version that comes out seems to get a new book, so they match the product pretty well. I like them because you can look up a task you want to perform and he gives you the eight or ten steps necessary. It is an easy way to get up-to-speed with the product.
I like the full Photoshop because you can do everything in 16 bit mode which gives smoother results. Also, the Lightroom/Photoshop version of Adobe Camera Raw is more powerful.
Some of the offerings in the package are about processing, but a lot of them are about photography, which would be useful if you are just starting out. Like Tirediron, I think their valuation is far too high, but there is probably two or three hundred dollars worth, which would still make it worthwhile.

Cookbooks eh? I liked that! Have heard about Kelby here and there. I appreciate your thoughts and info about the software and camera raw. $89 does sound like a decent deal. I do need to learn more about the processing as well as photography. The package deal would be fun to unwrap :)

I just grabbed it since there were a couple of things I thought might be useful for me (most notably the stuff on masking, something I suck 32" Hg worth at!) and it's pretty much as advertised. Beware if you don't have a high-speed connection however, the total package is about 35Gb!!

It does actually appear to have some cool stuff. I'm going to read more about the actions and presets when I'm back in front of the computer.

I just grabbed it since there were a couple of things I thought might be useful for me (most notably the stuff on masking, something I suck 32" Hg worth at!) and it's pretty much as advertised. Beware if you don't have a high-speed connection however, the total package is about 35Gb!!

I don't have that much GB on my HD so I would have to buy a flash drive or an extra external drive aaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhh!

Most reactions

Back