any NIKON FA user?

logel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i am quite interested in the Nikon FA, and would appreciete any comment by anyone who owns, owned or ever worked with one; i am particularly worried about compatibility with AF lenses, i read there's no problem to use them with the FA, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance for your replies!!

From what I've read, a good majority of Nikon's old manual film SLR cameras can use AF lenses except for G versions. The reason is because G lenses don't have aperture rings. You also won't be able to use DX lenses because they are made for digital SLR cameras.

Here's a useful site you should check out.

I owned an FA for 4 years some time ago (it actually got stolen from Nikon when in for a repair) and I found it very good. I would have replaced it with another one but they were off the market when mine was stolen, but I do have two friends who still own FA's and they do a great job. Being in the photographic industry, I also have sold quite a few, and we never had any real issues with them in terms of major faults. The metering system was quite revolutionary at the time, and still stacks up today, as I quite often see images shot by my friends (they compete with them) and they are very good. Of course, the FA is the body, and it is only as good as the glass up front, which tells the real story.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back