Anyone else on 500px.com?

What is the difference between friends and followers on there?

Are friends the ones that are following each other and followers just the ones following you that you're not following back?

I hadn't even noticed that distinction until you mentioned it. I know I have people listed as "friends" who are *definitely* not following me, so I think the friends designation is just people you've chosen to follow, and "followers" may be, as you said, people following you...not sure whether it matters if you're following them back or not.

There are indeed some incredible photographers on there! I've been on it for a while now, but have posted only a few photos, because most of my photos just don't hold up against the bulk of what's on 500px. Okay, NONE of my photos hold up against it, but I post a few now and then, anway...:lol:

I really got addicted to it when I joined--I could spend HOURS looking at the Upcoming and Fresh sections. Plus, I really became somewhat addicted to getting VOTES, and trying to get my photos "scores" up...It totally fed my "need to be liked" urges, and I really thought I might have to end up in a treatment program. :lmao:
So, I went cold turkey for a while and refused to even visit.

Lately, I've been going back to it and while I still love it, I find I'm less addicted to the need to get votes now. I think it may have something to do with the fact that, through seeing all the other photos there, and through the threads on this site, I've really come to grips with my photographic mediocrity. :lol:

That said...you could still follow me, if you want. ;) 500px / Sharon Monett

I don't know where "photographic mediocrity" comes into play. You have posted some very impressive work on 500px.
You are followed again.

Well, shoot, how did I miss THIS post?? THANK you, that's very kind!! :blushing:
Too bad there's not a way to get notified when someone says something glowing and positive about you in a post! :lol:

Yea have been on there for a while, a really neat site . Some photog's there are great , others .... well not so much lol . Not every single image there is awesome !

500px / manny herreria / Photos

Yea have been on there for a while, a really neat site . Some photog's there are great , others .... well not so much lol . Not every single image there is awesome !

500px / manny herreria / Photos

That's true, and the quality has, not surprisingly, gone down as the site has become more popular and more hobbyists are using it. Still, I personally think the AVERAGE photo quality on 500px is far above the AVERAGE quality on flickr, and that serves as motivation for me. Pretty much anything I'm willing to share with another person makes it to my flickr page. Only the work I believe to be my best makes it to 500px. Flickr is kinda my equivalent of the TPF "Just for Fun" gallery. :D

I been using it for a few months, like it much better then Flikr. I dont upload everything to it, but upload some here and there

http://500px.com/edstumph

Yes. Used to be a fan of Flickr, but 500px is better in my eyes, only thing that is missing is more members and groups. 500px / Tord Fuglstad / Photos

I SO much prefer having no groups. It means every photos stands on it's own feet and your shots don't just get buried in a pool of photos of all the same thing.

I am a fan of 500px. I don't seem to be getting much traffic though. :( I have a fairly diverse album on 500px so I am not sure what the problem is. If anyone could stop by and give me some tips I would be thankful.
500px / David C / Photos

My only problem with joining a new photographic network is having to upload photos ALLLLL over again.

Yes. That is a problem. Now. Do you know where I can get some Oakley Sunglasses knockoffs? And maybe some roller blades? And maybe a Cranberry's albums?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back