Anyone ever dispose of a minilab?? Or worked for company who did?

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
It's time for me to clear out some space in my storage building. I have 2 Agfa mini-labs sitting in there. One is a full sized C-41 processor, printer, and sorter. And the other is an E-6 processor. They have been in storage for about 10 years now and will never go back into service. The C-41 machine was the year before they started working in some options to install digital units. And would have been more money that it would have been worth to install a third party digital unit. At first I was going to part them out to others that might need spares. But I am sure by now all the big older machines are probably out of service.

Anyway they were initially stored properly and all the chemicals were flushed out. So, they would not be haz-mat. But not sure if a scrap yard will take it so?? Rather recycle them and get just a little for scrap weight, than pay to have a dump take them. Been dreading moving them since they are so heavy. But it's time to let go.

When the lab I used to work at shut down, they used one of those "1-800-" junk-type removal service companies for the mini-labs. The junk removal company came, broke the equipment down and took it away. I believe that they paid my old boss something for the metals, not sure if it was market value though.

Instead of disposing of the labs I would suggest you look for one of these. You would be all the rage.

Most reactions

Back