Anyone find a type I CF to SD adapter yet?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by dizzyg44, Aug 16, 2009.

1. dizzyg44

dizzyg44 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm finally getting the D700 that I've been drooling over!

as you know, it's CF Type I only. I already have about 60gb of Class 6 SD cards including the Eye-Fi pro (probably would require mods to the adapter to maintain range).

I'd really like to be able to keep using these as they are much cheaper, I already own, and are plenty fast, CF is an overpriced dying format. I'm also paranoid about constantly removing CF Cards and bending pins so using an adapter would be a plus.

CF to SD's are a dime a dozen but are all TypeII which will not work in a D700.

Anyone else run into this and find a solution yet?

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nope, you're pretty much alone, or at least in a very small group of people, with those view-points.

Don't plan on CF to be going away anytime soon, and please explain the rational behind having 60 GB of class 6 SD cards.

There is always eBay as an outlet for recouping some of the investment in your SD cards.

3. dizzyg44

dizzyg44 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    No particular rationale really, The are so cheap that I've slowly accrued them, but I always made it a point to keep an eye out on SD deals for the Class 6 and better. Plus everything else that we currently own also use SD

I don't like relying on large cards. they are all 4 and 8's. I'd rather loose a few pics than loosing all on one card. Half of them fold in half to reveal usb eliminating the need for a card reader.

I guess I'll keep a few and pawn off the others to my friends/coworkers here and there for a few bucks (or lunch :) ) since they aren't worth that much singularly.