Anyone going to photograph the 'Blood Moon'?

Are you going to photography the 'Blood Moon'?

• Total voters
We had lovely clear skies last night, so despite it being in the wee hours of the morning (~3am) I decided to give it a go.
I gave up at 01.30 shortly after the penumbara bit started, and was lucky enough to be woken by my wife at 4am so got some shots just after totality finished.

I think my handheld shots at 1am are sharper than my tripod shots of the eclipse, but they're still the best photos of a lunar eclipse I've managed :)
I put one quick (low res) edit up on Flickr this morning but it seems I can't get to it at work!

Hopefully I'll be able to do some proper edits later. IIRC Tim has given some useful hints in astro processing in several threads here, so it's time I got to grips with them!

Was pretty windy so not the sharpest image but here's mine.

Attachments

• bloodmoon4.JPG
    bloodmoon4.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 131
I went outside at 10:30pm, 11pm and 11:45pm and it was overcast every time...nothing to share.

too much cloud cover once it turned red :(

I chose not to jump into the car and drive out of the city, so did not attempt any photography. From our place the best (unobstructed) viewing spot was in the street in front of our house. So with all the traffic and streetlights and whatnot, I just went to bed.

The bad: too much cloud cover

The good: no werewolves

Moon rising:
moonrise%20burbank2_zpsey0gxrjr.jpg

Full moon, cropped, cropped, and cropped again:
super%20cropped%20moon2_zps3deccvhh.jpg

I went out for a bit. Not happy at all with how it turned out.

I thought it was really well done! How long was your telephoto? I only had a 300mm, so that's what I used.

In hindsight, which I'd rented a really super long lens...

Wifey and I gave it a shot too. I have not imported anything yet, but after about 5 minutes, I was bored to death. Just realized it was not my thing. With the naked eye it looked pretty cool.

I went out for a bit. Not happy at all with how it turned out.

I thought it was really well done! How long was your telephoto? I only had a 300mm, so that's what I used.

In hindsight, which I'd rented a really super long lens...

I use a 600mm on a crop sensor

Most reactions

New Topics

Back