Anyone interested in a small get together in DC late summer or early fall?

I could be interested in doing that. Keep me posted.

I love DC! I was thinking about taking a weekend trip there this summer let me know.

:greenpbl: It's a plan!! When is it good for people? Let's toss some ideas around!

Last edited:
Could be - keep me posted

A weekday might be easier than trying to steal time from a weekend, plus DC would be less crowded, although it always depends on whether people can get a day off. I probably could manage it, depending on the day.

KenC...we'll meetup and go down together...hehe
I can get off during the week.

I'm interested. Mid-week also sounds good, though the Metro can get crowded at rush hours.

Midweek *might* be a deal breaker for me, but it's pretty iffy for me anyway. Got some family things going on right now that keep me from committing to too much of anything longer-term than a week or two.

If I did come, I'd probably ride the Megabus up and stay with my brother and sister-in-law. That would put me within walking distance of the Capitol Hill area. But it would have to be at least a 3-day trip to really be worth it for me, and if it were mid-week, that'd mean 3 vacation days. If I'm gonna be using vacation days, I'd just assume use them to get to a beach, as far south as I can afford to go...come to think of it, that might BE DC. :lmao:

Ideas for what to do?
One of my Geography classes did a walk from Dupont Circle to Georgetown. We were looking at things from a geographic POV but there are ample photo opportunities (street, architecture). There are other neighborhoods worth investigating.
There's always the various monuments, Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo (all free); as well as other tourist attractions.
Nearby - old town Alexandria, VA, Great Falls (a bit of a drive, no Metro train)

Oooh vacation in a nice hotel? Sounds interesting! I will have to find a class to take so I can use the trip for a "tax deduction." :)

Oooh vacation in a nice hotel? Sounds interesting! I will have to find a class to take so I can use the trip for a "tax deduction." :)

Well, depending on the interest we could do a couple of days.
Actual sightseeing for one day near/outside of town and then spend the next day in town at sights.

Sounds like it'd be a fun time. Sadly I can't make it. I think Maine would be much better. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back