Anyone one know a private tutor?

Seventen

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello

I have been trying to look for a private tutor not a full time one not a one day school somewhere as dont seem anything like this exist here, but I am looking for someone I can hire every so often to help guide me slightly, Even something like a mini test to see have I learnt something useful or not, maybe help teach me something new to help me grow and learn as a photographer. I want to get much better than I am and have a lot to learn and love getting critique as its the only way to get better. If anyone knows anyone that I can contact or what this might cost would be amazing. I cant afford much due to health reasons but as a once in a while thing would be great.

I dont know what I am typing here as not making sense to me but hope someone can make sense of this.

Thank you

I think there are still some experienced photographers on here who have offered to serve as mentors. You can apply for/ask someone to become your mentor.

Oh thank you for the fast replies I didnt even get a chance to make and drink my coffee. I will take a look through them thank you. Problem though I am not a member yet :( Have been trying but seem to have issues with paypal working :(

You're a member if you have signed up to post. You can become a supporting member at your discretion by making a payment, which is not required to post or to ask for a mentor.

You don't have to be a paid member, by signing up you already can ask questions.

I don't know if there are many people doing private lessons; I only know of one person in my area but he does large format film photography. Finding a mentor here would probably be an option for you.

Thank you all, Made a application today :)

The Mentor program here on TPF is a good place to start. Also, you could ask at your local camera store, they may have someone that will be willing to private one-on-one lessons with you. I know my local shop has this available.

Yep the mentors list is purely voluntary and there is no cost involved. Mentors offer to give advice and guidance as best they can; though are of course free to choose who they mentor.

Also consider that you can do a fair few things yourself;

1) Read the "getting feedback on your photos" link in my signature and use those ideas when posting photos to the site. Asking questions and expanding upon what you get there can be a big help

2) Set yourself projects and target goals - this can help you work to a deadline and also work with some structure and overall theme; which makes it much easier to focus and pick up new skills than trying to do it all at once.

3) See if there's a local camera club to your area, you might well find a few members willing to give some guidance long term or even on the odd occasion.

You can also look into PSA (photographic societa of America). They arent terribly expensive and offer an extensive mentorship and coursework program for new photographers.

Most reactions

Back