Anyone ordered from Gadget Infinity?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by lextalionis, May 25, 2008.

1. lextalionis

lextalionis TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    they have no ratings on resellerratings.com

that could mean its a new legit site of or a different site that has changed its name as it had to many bad ratings....

hopefully someone else can help you more

BTW if the deal is to good to be true, then it probably is ( idk about the flash you are looking at, im not knowledgable)

3. lextalionis

lextalionis TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Rachel...there's a lot of talk aobut the flash triggers...yes not a flash but wireless radio triggers for fireing one-to-many flashes off camera. I've decided to use the Cactus V2s rather then breaking the bank on Pocket Wizards.

-Roy

4. RyanLilly

RyanLilly No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    They have good ratings on their ebay store and many people on this forum have bought from them, and I think a few people have bought from their site, and actually said that shipping was much faster than expected.

5. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

I do not know about that site before.

The domain name gadgetinfinity.com is owned by someone in Hong Kong. Here is the info I got from whois database

Registrant Contact:
    HARVEST ONE LIMITED
    Henry Chan (HENRY@HARVEST-ONE.COM)
    +852.93222251
    Fax: +852.35250117
    706 David House,
    Jordon, Kowloon 0000
    HK

And the domain name was created back in 2004.

Few google searching, that company looks legit. They are still hiring (clerk) in HK. I found their posting from a Hong Kong recruit company.

Here is the company information from that recruit site:

"Founded in 2003 and benefited from the boom of Internet, Harvest One Limited (www.harvest-one.com) has swiftly become a world renowned online retailer of consumer electronics. Currently our online store, Gadget Infinity (www.gadgetinfinity.com), attracts over 2 million hits and numerous transactions per month. Products manufactured under our trademark "Cactus" obtain impressive reviews from online forums and printed magazines. We enjoy exploring the global village and are looking for the right candidate to join our team as: ......"

So far so good. Again, I have not brought stuff from them but I think if I need to, I may try .. as long as they have some product I need. So, if you are trying to get the Cactus, since CACTUS is a registered trademark by Harvest One Limited, so you may need to get it from gadgetinfinity.com.

Again, I do not related to them in anyway nor know them. Just in case someone ask :)

6. lextalionis

lextalionis TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  7. andrew99

andrew99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been researching these things a lot lately, and I've seen hundreds of positive comments about Gadget Infinity (fast shipping, good service, etc). I actually bought my Cactus V2S's here since I was ordering light stands and umbrellas and stuff, but from what I've heard, ordering from Gadget Infinity should be no problem.

8. Evo

Evo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I bought my Cactus V2s from the Gaget infinity website. Service was fine, I had no issues. Took about 10 days for them to arrive.

9. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You will definetly enjoy the transaction and the final product. I would definetly recommend them.

10. That One Guy

That One Guy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    excellent service. i had a problem with one of the transmitters a month after i ordered, they replaced it free of charge.

the triggers work pretty good. occasional misfire, but no big deal for me.

11. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    wow.. that's an interesting site... thanks for sharing. Lots of neat stuff for affordable prices.

12. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was communicating with the Radio Popper people, and they do not see their product being certified for legal use in Canada until the fall, and that was being optimistic.

Because I wanted something to play with until the RPs become more easily available in Canada, I just went and ordered the V2s trigger and 5 receivers (3 for my Nikon strobes and 2 for my studio flashes) along with the wireless camera remote trigger for the D200.

To round things out, I ordered two SB-600s to match the single SB-800. I know that my D200 can control all 3 strobes and do wireless iTTL without the GI triggers, I just ordered the triggers for times that I wanted to play around and at least have some fun or if I want to get into some lightly more complex lighting scenarios. I am now up to 7 available light sources for my needs. :mrgreen:

I'll let you all know how this order turns out, but based on their known reputation over on the strobist site, I do not foresee any issues ordering from them.

Lextalionis, did you receiver your order? If so, did it arrive on time (how long did it take?), and in good condition?