April '07 Photo Challenge - "Sasquatch"

Yes, this was meant as an April Fool's joke.
Since this seems to be getting more attention than the last challenge maybe we'll stick with the Sasquatch theme. We hope that you can have some fun with this.

For all of you however that are unable to snap a photo of Sasquatch or for all of you who are able to snap a fantastic photo of the creature, but are unable to convince him/her to sign the proper model release forms we do have another option for you. We will also accept photos of other elusive creatures such as the yeti, loch ness, chupacabra, ozark howler, chase, etc.

Seriously though we were going to announce today that Wildlife would be the challenge, but would you folks prefer to just play with this one?

well, technically speaking, a chupacabra (or whatever your region's elusive creature is) would be wildlife... so if we go with the wildlife theme those who still want to capture a legend could.

Since this seems to be getting more attention than the last challenge maybe we'll stick with the Sasquatch theme. We hope that you can have some fun with this.

For all of you however that are unable to snap a photo of Sasquatch or for all of you who are able to snap a fantastic photo of the creature, but are unable to convince him/her to sign the proper model release forms we do have another option for you. We will also accept photos of other elusive creatures such as the yeti, loch ness, chupacabra, ozark howler, chase, etc.

Seriously though we were going to announce today that Wildlife would be the challenge, but would you folks prefer to just play with this one?

LOL... I don't know if anyone else caught that but... That's funny.

I am playing. I should be working. I blame you! :lol:

Wildlife? Like the drunks at the local saloon? :lmao:

maybe it can be either...i mean all ove the above (yeti, loch ness, chupacabra, ozark howler, chase) are wild creatures...right? i vote both :D

oh thank god.... i havent seen a sasquatch around in minnesota for at least ten years.... I think they moved farther south than usual one winter and never came back up here..... ;-)

did you know that sasquatch is my favorite word in the english language?

I can't WAIT to see what photos turn up!

I think the forum missed out on a real opportunity here, and wish I would've joined the debate before it went away.

"capturing" a legendary creature would've meant for some really creative photowork, maybe a large footprint in the woods, (you'd have to make it yourself) or a reptilian creature's silhouette that could be a chubacabra, or even a beautiful horse photoshopped with a horn.

Wildlife = boring. Sure I could still do one of those, but if everyone else is taking picture of actual wildlife, we aren't playing the same game, and more likely an amazing picture of a whale or an eagle or something would win over a mediocre, yet creative, planned shot of a legendary creature.

I, for one am disapointed.

I think the forum missed out on a real opportunity here, and wish I would've joined the debate before it went away.

"capturing" a legendary creature would've meant for some really creative photowork, maybe a large footprint in the woods, (you'd have to make it yourself) or a reptilian creature's silhouette that could be a chubacabra, or even a beautiful horse photoshopped with a horn.

Wildlife = boring. Sure I could still do one of those, but if everyone else is taking picture of actual wildlife, we aren't playing the same game, and more likely an amazing picture of a whale or an eagle or something would win over a mediocre, yet creative, planned shot of a legendary creature.

I, for one am disapointed.

seconded

Most reactions

New Topics

Back