Arches C&C...3 pics

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by katy625, Aug 7, 2009.

1. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Had some extra time this morning so I went out into the city to scout out old churches...and I founds some....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    In all your sets that you have posted, one common thing that bugs me are the harsh shadows which aren't pleasing in architecture photos (well, not usually).

Picture #2 is a good example of this as there are some really really bright spots and some really dark spots. And also a leafy over hang that i don't like.

Try and focus on shooting where there are no shadows, whether its going on a different time of day or finding different angles. I often walk by places and note them down to return a few days later at a different time of day.

Photography is rarely about just walking up to something interesting, finding an angle, shooting, and walking off.

3. robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Church + HDR = $$$$$

it will help with the shadows.

I really like the first one, although, it's crooked.

4. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. I like the angles in this arch, but the lighting is very harsh. Try shooting at a different time of day as bigtwinky suggested.

2. Again harsh lighting and shadows. With a bit more care the tree brancjhes could actually to help frame the arch, but as is they are a distraction.

3. Harsh lighting & shadows. It would have been nice also, even though I realilze your target was the arch, to have seen more detail in the window.

Also be careful of the angles - some seem a bit tilted.

5. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I completely agree with everything you have all said. I knew when I got there that it was already too late in the morning. I stopped over at my parents house to charge up my battery (oops) and when I left I uttered that very sentence "I've got to go, the light is probably already to harsh" But using the time that I can get. I did also struggle with the tilting. will work on that. Thanks!