Are flash sync terminal caps universal?

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is probably not a very smart question considering that the sync ports themselves are universal, but I figured it was best to ask before I replace mine.

I lost the little round cap that covers my flash sync port, and now I am too paranoid to take my Nikon hiking because...well,
Rain.
Debris.
Bumps.
Inevitable disaster.

I double checked the manual, but I don't see it listed as a part number, and googling doesn't come up with a specific part number either. So, will any old cover fit the same?

Thanks!
Jazzie

You mean the covers for the port on the speedlight body? I doubt they are as they all fit into a different shape recess in the body.... that said, I would not worry about any disaster as a result of that. If you're really concerned put some gaff or electrical tape over it to cover it. Also, check eBay; you'd be surprised what manner of parts are available there!

You mean the covers for the port on the speedlight body? I doubt they are as they all fit into a different shape recess in the body.... that said, I would not worry about any disaster as a result of that. If you're really concerned put some gaff or electrical tape over it to cover it. Also, check eBay; you'd be surprised what manner of parts are available there!

No, I mean the little round thing on the camera body that hooks up to the cord (pc sync cord??) that trigger's my strobes......

so if you are looking at a photo of the DF, its the port on camera right, (opposite the hand grip) and just below the strap hook.

Most reactions

Back