Are there any Cameras with a mirror image setting?

Amaranthine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to do some vloging and I prefer my aesthetic in a mirror image as opposed to traditional, are there any cameras with this ability?
Thanks

I've never heard of it 'in-camera', but I'd assume that it would be fairly easy to do in post production.

Your options are snapchat..

Or to flip it in post. I'm assuming flipping it in post makes more sense.

Tons of software that can easily flip an image horizontally. Not sure what you mean by 'traditional'.

I'm looking to do some vloging and I prefer my aesthetic in a mirror image as opposed to traditional, are there any cameras with this ability?
Thanks
I've seen that on several vlog sites, but I don't know how they do it. Maybe you could ask the vlogger how they do it.

research the Nikon Coolpix S6800 and S5300.
I've seen it on other cameras too but cannot recall which ones.

Do mirrorless cameras achieve this?

Do mirrorless cameras achieve this?
I believe you are asking for a gimmicky built-in software feature. So I expect it to only be on low end cameras.

Mirror images can be accomplished in post processing for everything else.

EDIT: FYI, Microsoft Picture manager which comes with windows you can flip the image Horizontally (and Vertically) to accomplish the "mirror image" look.

Last edited:
I gotta ask: What is so compelling about mirroring an image? Is it a 'hot thing' to have cars on the 'wrong' side of the roads? Letters to be backwards? For right-handed people to appear to be left-handed in their selfies?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I gotta ask: What is so compelling about mirroring an image? Is it a 'hot thing' to have cars on the 'wrong' side of the roads? Letters to be backwards? For right-handed people to appear to be left-handed in their selfies?

I've wondered about that too. I even saw a video that claimed to be "from a different angle", but it was the same video, just flipped, so I gave it a "dislike".

As for the OP, she wrote the reason.

.........As for the OP, she wrote the reason.

I get that.

But is this the latest 'fad'? Or just the OP's personal choice?

once_upon_a_time9768.jpg

My face looks better on camera on mirror image.

take your picture standing in front of a mirror ...

I'll agree with the OP. I much prefer mirrored photos of myself. Most people actually do according to surveys, because it's how they're used to seeing themselves.

Last edited:

I'll agreed with the OP. I much prefer mirrored photos of myself. Most people actually do according to surveys, because it's how they're used to seeing themselves.

Yes, people see themselves laterally reversed in mirrors their whole lives.

Most reactions

Back