Argus Camera Thread! Post those pics!

alexkerhead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ubertech-museum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought it was time for a thread about Argus cameras. So, whatever model(s) you have, please post some images. Argus is one of my favorite brands, so here are a few of my Argus cameras.

The C3 and C3 Matchmatic.
argus_c3_c4_and_matchmatic1.jpg

The C3 with an Argus 100mm telephoto lens.
argus_c3_c4_and_matchmatic2.jpg

Argus C3, C3 Matchmatic, and C4 in the front.
argus_c3_c4_and_matchmatic3.jpg

Argus Argoflex. This is the high-end model with flash sync and hot shoe.
argus_argoflex_tlr1.jpg

I have an Argus A2F with most of a leather case and an Argus 2x yellow filter. The f stops are different than other cameras, 4.5. 6.3, 9. 12.7, 18. I also have the CAMERA REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE - issued by YUMA ARMY FIELD, YUMA ARIZINA 5 MAY, 1944.
It was issued to Cpl Roy C. Murphy Sq7-44-20. When I get a chance I will post pictures of it and the exposure calculator that is built into it.
Judge Sharpe

If we ever have a local get to gether, I will bring it. I will try to post pictures later this week if I finish an appeal brief soo enough.
I agree with the lack of Alabama members- Maybe some sill speak up.
Judge

I have a few Argus cameras myself.

Here is my 1960 C3 Matchmatic:
ArgusC3cameracirca1958-1966.jpg

C4's:
ArgusC4Cameras3.jpg

C3 from 1950:
ArgusC3from19508-2.jpg

C3 Colormatic from 1955:
ArgusC3Colormaticfrom19555.jpg

Same C3 with Flash attached:
ArgusC3ColormaticwithFlashfrom19553.jpg

C3 Standard:
1959C3Standard.jpg
Sorry it's so dark. Digi is acting up.

Awesome cameras guys!

Picked one of these up today at a yard sale. C44, 12 bucks :D
Shutter works, aperture blades all work, rangefinder seems spot on. Will run a roll of film through and report back.

5018765568_4e69495b98_z.jpg

Here's my brick:

1956_Argus_C3_Brick_9979.jpg

It was the first antique camera I ever bought just to have without any intention of shooting it, starting a whole old camera packrat thing I'm now afflicted with. I think I paid $5 for it at a garage sale.

My 5 speed C3. The front skin did not survive the CLA, so that is gaffers tape. Worked very well.

5Speed.jpg

My 5 speed C3. The front skin did not survive the CLA, so that is gaffers tape. Worked very well.

5Speed.jpg

Very nice. Should you want to replace the leather, I have the solution for you. Cheap and quite simple.

Very nice. Should you want to replace the leather, I have the solution for you. Cheap and quite simple.

I'm curious. I have templates for the body panels, but never found the proper material. I look at thrift store purses every now and then, but those seem too thick.

Well, this is the place to go buy a whole sheet of leatherette. Get the cheapest (black) and you'll have enough to cover the entire camera. It's self sticking and if you cut the templates from it, you'll most likely have some left overs for other cameras or projects.

I'm curious, how did you make the templates?

Well, this is the place to go buy a whole sheet of leatherette. Get the cheapest (black) and you'll have enough to cover the entire camera. It's self sticking and if you cut the templates from it, you'll most likely have some left overs for other cameras or projects.
I'm curious, how did you make the templates?

Thanks for the link. Rick Oleson was nice enough to send me a PDF of the template. As the C3 is so rectilinear, a flatbed would also work, as long as you included a ruler for scale.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back