Art work photos

Anita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to hear some of your ideas on my photos. I love to take photos of art work. These are taken from the Christopher Still murals in the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. These photos are taken of parts of the large murals.
I haven't touched them up at all, yet. So, let me know what you think.

beachbird3.jpg

fish2.jpg

swimmingboy2.jpg

swimminggirl2.jpg

And then here is a photo of a video taping of Christopher Still teaching how to paint a sunset.

I have titled it "Quiet on the Set"

quietontheset2.jpg

And one of just the sunset. I thought I would make it more interesting.

sunsetsideways2.jpg

OK, I guess they aren't even worth commenting on.

At least, someone take them and edit them to look better. Help me out here.

I realize that I only have a Sony DSC-W1. The reason is because I literally cannot decide on a professional camera. I am still researching. I am very anal retentive that way before I make a purchase.

However, that is not what I am asking for critiques on. I want to know what you think of the framing and the content, etc.

Just somebody comment. Throw me a bone here. :sexywink:

First four are just pictures of someone else's talent.
Quiet on the set is quite nice, good focus, good exposure.
I would crop the last one so the composition is more balanced.

sunsetsideways2bbii2.jpg

Well, Thank you! This is what I want to hear.

However, don't you think there is a market out there of photographing someone's artwork?

I like what you did with the sunset. That looks better.

I'm glad you liked quiet on the set. :hug::

However, don't you think there is a market out there of photographing someone's artwork?
:hug::

There might be but the requirements for perfect color reproduction, extreme detail, no distortion means that most of this work goes to specialized photogs. Using a 35 mm dslr usually won't provide what artists want.

see http://www.treeo.com/out-opts/processcamera.html

And then ...

... And one of just the sunset. I thought I would make it more interesting.

I like the colors in the shot. The tilt gives it a nice abstract look, but I think it would be much better not being so shy about your work and sticking a 'regular' format right in our faces.

Got more?

I like the colors in the shot. The tilt gives it a nice abstract look, but I think it would be much better not being so shy about your work and sticking a 'regular' format right in our faces.

Got more?

I do have a lot of straight shots of that same sunset. Is this what you mean?

I actually removed the art work photos, because I got concerned with the copyright comment.

I'll post more. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back