Artistic Flower

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture a few weeks ago. I used a Canon AE-1 and a 200mm lens. @ 4.5 I think. Breaking the rules a bit, I shot on a sunny day and backlight. This is a scan of the negative that I scanned. I thought it came out with an artistic feel. I did knock off some dust in PS. But what see is what I scanned. What do you think???
Cosmo

Olympusscan08as.jpg

It looks soft and almost painted and I like it.
AND - of course - I like the overall COLOUR of this picture! (What else could I say!?!!??)

So what formed your lovely background?
This photo does not look exactly backlit, though, I feel the light is everywhere, like being all around, coming from nowhere specifically... (which is nice!).

Thanks for the comments. The background is tall weeds and grass. And it was slightlt backlit thru the weeds and yes some from all around, mid afternoon sun. The background was formed with the very narrow dof. I was as surprised with the result, being a rookie. The lab scan came back more blue????

I do like the dreamy feel to this shot

I agree with LaFoto here, it does have a very pleasing "painted" feel about it. :thumbup:

What resolution did you scan it at? I notice the filesize is around 27 kb and looking closer there are compression artifacts, hard edges and it's a little blocky. I think you either scanned it a quite a low res or compressed it too much for the web?

I should think a higher resolution version would look even better! :D

I scanned it as high as my "older scanner" would go. I am not sure of the file size but I am sure it is lower than the newer scanners. Thanks for all of your comments.
Cosmo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back