Artistic look in post-production

nisim777

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a newbie photographer who just purchased his first SLR. I am really enjoying myself, and I think I'm taking pretty good photos as I learn the ropes. I just picked up last months issue of Photography Monthly and was absolute struck by Matt Hoyle's cover. My question is, how did he do this? To clarify, I basically know how. I have worked with photoshop for years in web design. However, because it was for simple things like logos and buttons, there were a lot of things in photoshop that I simply ignored, which are now becoming important to me. I have practiced with a few of my pictures - doing things like messing with curves, hue/saturation layers, etc. Some of them begin to look as if they are going to have similar elements, but I'm not quite there. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips.

Thanks

Here is his cover piece: Matt Hoyle Photography - Colorful Characters The actual magazine has the before and after.

I would Google search on Dragan effect and also Dave Hill effect. That'll get you pointed in the right direction.

there is also lucuis art software which gives similar looks

See if this works. Take a picture have it on layer one. Keep it regular. Then take the same picture put it on layer two and add an hue saturation adjustment. Then take all the saturation out. after that, blend the two pictures with soft light.

after all that work on the layers and add contrast and all that good stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back