Asheboro, NC zoo pictures

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
not really for C&C, just for viewing purposes as they didn't turn out well.

visited the asheboro zoo last week. and well, due to my amateur photog skills, lack of capability from my 18-55mm, trying to shoot through smudged glass and a billion kids bumpin into me with a lengthened exposure... these are the best of about 400 pix i took.... which isn't saying much.

also, the animals were all sleeping. the polar bear was the most active animal... he kept doing back flips under water pushing off the glass into backstrokes... was pretty fun to watch. lions, other bears, gorillas, etc were all asleep due to poor weather

anyways, i know they are pretty bad... but here is what i got. not for artistic purposes really but just for a little viewing pleasure i reckon...
the last 3 pics are just some quick shots of my 8 month old pup we rescued... she's still adding a little weight to her at about 62lbs and shes leaned out a lot cuz she was eating our rotts pup food lol
whatcha think?

n507632646_1909140_2879004.jpg

4518_80756187646_507632646_1909141_5867287_n.jpg

n507632646_1909142_3814556.jpg

n507632646_1909143_7824323.jpg

4518_80756212646_507632646_1909144_6851516_n.jpg

n507632646_1909145_3729042.jpg

n507632646_1909146_7298174.jpg

4518_80756237646_507632646_1909147_6358805_n.jpg

n507632646_1909148_6294710.jpg

4518_80756247646_507632646_1909149_4029140_n.jpg

a few nice ones in there, too many for c n c to be honest. better off just posting a few or half a dozen

a few nice ones in there, too many for c n c to be honest. better off just posting a few or half a dozen

:roll: The first few words of his post state "not really for c&c".

Matt - I had a smilar experience last time I went to the zoo....not really any shots worth keeping for me....really dissapointing. Next time I think I'll just throw on my Tamron 17-50 and focus more on capturing family moments...that's easier with the crowds anyway.

Matt - I had a smilar experience last time I went to the zoo....not really any shots worth keeping for me....really dissapointing. Next time I think I'll just throw on my Tamron 17-50 and focus more on capturing family moments...that's easier with the crowds anyway.

thanks. i knew there were too many for that, and not worth wasting peoples time on cause i know they suck. i however like the close up of the polar bear, though technically not great, the pic itself is cool.

yea, this zoo was a clusterphuck. it was only me and my fiance who went and i wasnt trusting anyone else with my camera to take pics of us lol.

i need to expand my lenses terribly though

Sometimes things just don't go as we hope - ;) Your polar bear shots and your pup aren't bad. Since you weren't looking for C&C I didn't have issue with the number of photos, but it would be easier to view these with spaces between the photos. Better luck next time.:D

Sometimes things just don't go as we hope - ;) Your polar bear shots and your pup aren't bad. Since you weren't looking for C&C I didn't have issue with the number of photos, but it would be easier to view these with spaces between the photos. Better luck next time.:D

thanks. yea no C&C needed.

and actually... i copied and pasted these from 2 other forums i post on where they are spaced... and for some reason.. they aren't on here. sorry about that!

thanks. i knew there were too many for that, and not worth wasting peoples time on cause i know they suck. i however like the close up of the polar bear, though technically not great, the pic itself is cool.

yea, this zoo was a clusterphuck. it was only me and my fiance who went and i wasnt trusting anyone else with my camera to take pics of us lol.

That's why we have a Canon A620 we take with us too. It's no D90 +Tammy but it's a great quality point and shoot that I feel comfortable letting a stranger to hold and take our picture.

Your photos don't suck particularly...just show you had difficult conditions which all of us deal with in a zoo setting. I like the polar bear shots as well, just a couple are overexposed and a couple underexposed. The first one (head shot) would be great if you could brighten it up in post....the second would have been really great if it wasn't for the blown out fur.

That's why we have a Canon A620 we take with us too. It's no D90 +Tammy but it's a great quality point and shoot that I feel comfortable letting a stranger to hold and take our picture.

Your photos don't suck particularly...just show you had difficult conditions which all of us deal with in a zoo setting. I like the polar bear shots as well, just a couple are overexposed and a couple underexposed. The first one (head shot) would be great if you could brighten it up in post....the second would have been really great if it wasn't for the blown out fur.

ill play with the RAWs some more on the 1st and 2nd bear shots, i think i can fix them a little. ive done some quick PP with them, though i cant get the exposure right on the second one without blowing out fur or making the face look dark... ill play with the dodge/burn tools a little. i was having a real hard time with exposures bc the cloud cover would be thick, then sunshine, then thick... then shaded areas, to darkness inside, the bright lights to sunlight to clouds... lol

i finally just gave up... set the fstop to wide and just played with the shutter speeds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back