Ask for comments

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by infever, Sep 15, 2004.

1. infever

infever TPF Noob!

I am a newbie so please give me some suggestion/critique on the following pictures. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

I'm a photo newbie too but I'll still offer my opinion.

1st picture: Looks pretty good except the head of the little guy (what kinda lizard is htat anyway?) is slightly blurred while just a tad bit behind him is the part of him that's in focus. Still, I think it looks really good.

2nd picture: Looks kinda cool, but there's not really a lot to look at. I have a similar picture I took at the zoo of some fish from above water, and I think it looks cool but I still have to admit to myself there's not much to the picture. I don't know if you wanted the reflections to be there or not, but if not, a polarizing filter would help.

3rd picture: The camera wasn't held even because the horizon appears rather lopsided. There's a "ghost" (I believe that's the term, a reflection of light that shouldn't be there) in the ocean, to the right of the sun. I know lens hoods can help prevent these, but if you're shooting directly into the sun I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent this. I like the sky a LOT, but I would personally crop a bit of the water out (maybe starting just above the waves)

3. infever

infever TPF Noob!

Thanks BrettG!

I don't know what kind of lizard it is. I found it on the sidewalk. You are right. It would be nicer if I can focus on its head. But it just moved too fast.

For the second picture, I tried to catch the waves which shows like a lot of circles. I though it would give the viewer a feeling that the turtle is moving. Seems it doesn't work. :(

In the third pic, I tended to catch both sky and wave. But seems the wave is too dark so I probably need to focus on the sky.

4. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

You'll die happier knowing that it's not a lizard. It's a Day Gecko of the genus Phelsuma, of which there are 68 known species and subspecies. The one pictured there is the most common type found in a pet store. So if you're not in Madagascar or somewhere boardering the Indian Ocean, it was someone's pet.

P.S. yeah, I'm one of those reptile liking people :wink:

5. pilgrim

pilgrim TPF Noob!

dude, first the quail, and now the gecko's :shock:

6. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Freaky aren't I? :wink:

7. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

Yeah it's probably not a bad idea to do that, because you can always crop later. I think the sky in that picture is absolutely gorgeous so I'd try to emphasize on that the most by cropping out the waves.