Assignment 2b submission for dominantlys photography course.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The assignment was low key, dramatic lighting.

f/5.6 - 1/15" - 200 ISO
4409763901_d2276895a6.jpg

f/8 - 1/4" - 200 ISO
4410531598_079d67afc3.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D
Any C&C is welcome.

It looks nice, I especially like the subject matter. I'm a sucker for old cameras.

I agree the crop is too tight. Rationale? It looks crowded. Good pix anyway though.

very nice but i would not have had such a tight crop imo
Why not? What's your reasoning?

pic #1: The center of interest is the lens and shutter, with a nice diagonal from the fold of the bellows to draw your eye toward it, and it's...well...just centerish. I would rather have it center or not at all center, and I have no issue with a photo that has a lot of black for your eye to play around in. Sort of the way a horizon at 30deg can be much less distracting than a horizon at 3deg. Also, the flip out food on the standard just hanging at the edge of the frame makes it seem crowded.

Thanks for crop suggestion.

Looks good :thumbup:

Thank you!

It looks nice, I especially like the subject matter. I'm a sucker for old cameras.

I agree the crop is too tight. Rationale? It looks crowded. Good pix anyway though.

Thanks! Yeah, those old Agfa cameras are awesome. :thumbup:

Why not? What's your reasoning?

pic #1: The center of interest is the lens and shutter, with a nice diagonal from the fold of the bellows to draw your eye toward it, and it's...well...just centerish. I would rather have it center or not at all center, and I have no issue with a photo that has a lot of black for your eye to play around in. Sort of the way a horizon at 30deg can be much less distracting than a horizon at 3deg. Also, the flip out food on the standard just hanging at the edge of the frame makes it seem crowded.

Agreed. Thanks for the advice. :thumbup:

Our assignment was to use a clamp light from Walmart to achieve a dark, mysterious photo, where the subject blends into the background. I took numerous shots using a flash which I think came out better, however, that was not the assignment so I opted out of posting those shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back