Assignment please

birdman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I'm new to this site and photography. So HELLO.
Anyway i'm looking for some help. I would like people to give me a challenge so i can test my-self.
Iv got the Sony a300 with 18-70mm lens kit so any help i could get would be so helpful.
Thank you
ps a picture i took with this camera. please let me know what you think of this photo

3173979088_9a66629982_m.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think this is really the place for this, I'd try the contest section. I'll give you a theme though:

Days of the week.

That sounds intresting. Thanks i'll try that.

I'm currently doing it just for fun, so I thought mabye I'd share =D.

Take a picture of some one running at night with 5 multiple perfectly exposed copies of that person with using a long shutter speed of at least 5 seconds and what ever other tools you need.

The following are typical Photo 101 assignments. Beyond achieving the technical goals, you should try to incorporate the technical aspects aesthetically. In other words it's not enough just to show shallow and deep DOF in assignment #1, the DOF should be used in a way that adds to the visual impact of the photo. In #2 you wouldn't freeze a car, because frozen cars look like parked cars.

#1 Aperture: Create two photos. One that demonstrates shallow depth of field (DOF), and one that demonstrates deep DOF.

#2 Shutter: Create two photos. One that freezes action, and one that renders motion as a blur.

#3 Light: Create at least three photos outdoors. Set your white balance to daylight. Each should be composed identically (so find a scene that's close to your home or on your daily route), but taken at different times of the day, in different weather, etc...

#4 Exposure: Create three photos. Each should be composed identically, but overexpose one by 1.5 to 2 stops, and underexpose one. This probably works easiest with silhouetted subjects.

Compare the differences and similarities of the finished photographs.

Thats great. right your talking about apeture and showing shalow DOF. Im new to photography and this kind of gets me. I try this in my photos and cant seem to get this right. so you'll be thinking, dafty. As i said im totaly new at this art
can you please giv me some tips and tricks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back