Astounding scientific test

Bibos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, since I always wondered which of my lenses would be the sharpest, I did a test today with astounding results. The test candidates were the following
  • Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II
  • Canon EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 USM II
  • Tamron XR DI LD IF 28-75 f/2.8
  • Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5
  • Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L
I was astounded when I found out that the first three lenses all had a front focus problem with the Tamron, while still showing the front focus problem, being the sharpest of those three.
My new 10-22 was tack sharp and the 70-200 had a bit of a back focus problem.

All the people that always said that the 18-55 is a piece of crap are right. It had such a strong front focus that you couldn't even read the text on it at all (!!!).

Scroll down to see the photo I did for testing the aforementioned photographic equipment - and after seeing this photo you will have to agree to my conclusions to this scientific evidence. (The 18-55 is the one all the way to the left - notice the strong "front focus")

lenstest.jpg

I recently went to a seminar about digital photography workflow for professional wedding, portrait, and commercial photographers. The main pro highly recommended the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8; he said that he just bought a half dozen for the photographers that work for him. It was the only lens he mentioned specifically the whole day, and Tamron wasn't a seminar sponser.

:lol: :lol:Hahahaaha!
I didn't see this the first time it was posted.

Some people have waaay too much time.

Most reactions

Back