Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
shot with 85mm apature 11 shutter 125 WB=daylight

doneweb.jpg

49copybwweb.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Mike V

hmm...mind if I ask why you shot at f11? that seems a bit extreme, especially since the background in this could blur out nicely.

Seems like you missed the focus a good bit in these, it looks to be a good bit behind them.

is there any way you could have shot at another time of day? this is pretty much the worst natural light for portraits unless you're in the shade. that's my opinion, but it's shared by quite a few. it might just be the contrasty conversion you did (which is too contrasty IMO, there's blown out blacks and whites), but it looks to be around 11a-1pm, somewhere in there. try shooting late in the afternoon, you'll be surprised at how much nicer the light is. i like that you put the light source (the sun) behind them though, that is certainly better than the other way around.

i'll agree with mannella, they look like some real nice kids. i like your pose in the second one, but i think the top one, while 'cute', is a little off. especially since her clothes are extremely distracting. the boy's outfit is much simpler, which is less distracting from his face. there are some spots and stains in his clothes you probably should clone out...these pics could use some general post work, but again that's just what i think.

Thebegining....Thanks for your thoughts I'm glad for everyones opinion but I hold your opinions much higher and I really like your work.

I had no choice as to the time of day. It was "can you fit me in now"? If not I'll call someone else. So I said okay.

f11 was because when I shot at a lower setting the back lighting seemed to make them much darker and when I had them facing the sun their eyes were nearly closed.

Anyway, even though I do this for a living I have a TON of room to improve and I really appreciate your input which will help in my development.

Thanks,
Mike V

Thebegining....Thanks for your thoughts I'm glad for everyones opinion but I hold your opinions much higher and I really like your work.

I had no choice as to the time of day. It was "can you fit me in now"? If not I'll call someone else. So I said okay.

f11 was because when I shot at a lower setting the back lighting seemed to make them much darker and when I had them facing the sun their eyes were nearly closed.

Anyway, even though I do this for a living I have a TON of room to improve and I really appreciate your input which will help in my development.

Thanks,
Mike V

no problem man! what i meant about the f11 was why didn't you stop down your shutter speed instead of your aperture? for instance, you could have shot at 1/1000 at f4 and had the same exposure without getting the busy background in focus.

Most reactions

Back