I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw that the wife had some leftover peel back foam on the cutting table, so I figured, what the heck...
whats the worst that can happen? this was by no means a professional job, and i think the foam is a little more compact than what was in there before (what little was left anyway) but the film door closes fine, and i cut the foam to the same dimensions as the old foam was. I believe it should work as well as the original. i did not replace the mirror foam. yet.

here is the before, after i scraped the old foam out. then i used some rubbing alcohol to clean the surface.
PB270019.jpg

a piece of the foam the wife had lying around.
PB270020.jpg

the foam cut down into the two side strips. its more or less accurate. I used a ruler and rotary cutter.
PB270021.jpg

after i got the pieces in. I took this shot, then realized i had to a little more adjusting to the foam where it had gotten pushed out of place a little.
PB270025.jpg

Not quite as bad as i had thought it would be. might have been a little easier with the "proper" foam, but i think for all intents and purposes, it will do the job just fine.

Looks like you made your own light seal kit there! more or less, I mean, that seems to be about all there is to it really. Hope you enjoy using it.

It's a lot like the secret family recipe for ice cubes, you know?

Most reactions

Back