Attention portrait photographers: what kind of reflectors do you use?

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Attention portrait photographers:

What do you recommended for purchase of a gold reflector or 5 in 1 multi-use reflector? What size do you recommend, and what brand? Where would you recommend purchasing one?

Thanks.
NJ

It depends on how you want your portraits to look. A gold one is good for adding warmth but you may not always want that. A 5-in-1 is good because it gives you more option...including a diffusion panel which is great for softening light.

The bigger the better...but also consider how easy it will be to use and transport.

There are links at the top of the page. B&H and Adorama are great places to buy photography gear.

Thanks Mike. I want to be able to take it with me on location for outdoor senior portraits or outdoor family portraits. So, if I can get one with a stand that I can move and tilt, that would be ideal. I was thinking of getting this one, but not sure, because it is only gold and silver: http://www.adorama.com/PAFPR.html

So essentially, I am looking for kind of an all-in-one solution that is large, but also portable, and not too expensive. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
NJ

This is more what I was thinking...a circular reflector (they fold up into a smaller circle) and a bracket that fits onto a standard light stand.

Most reactions

Back