Aussie Native Critters

luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a long time between picture posts for me, but here's a few animals from "Down Under" that you don't want to mess with :)

Crocodile.jpg

Monitor.jpg

This last one may look small, but is actually about 2 feet long!! ;) Everything is bigger in Oz!

DarrylLuck_2.jpg

Good set of photos. especially #3, love the green colour of the grasshopper. Well it looks like a grasshopper to my unexpert eyes.

I was wondering if you was in the water also, and how close did you get to the monitor(I love those things but they can be a little mean hehe)

Beautiful! I also really like #3.....I think that bit of blue in the background makes the photo. Glad you're back to posting!

Beautiful photos!
What is it in Photo 1 and also in Photo 2? Why is the animal in Photo 2 one you would not want to mess with?

And 3 looks like you invited that "grasshopper" into your STUDIO.
Did you?
Or how did you bring out this DOF, these colours, this light?
Was it just there, you saw it, saw the sky in the background and took the photo? Lucky Dog, you are!!! ;)

photo 2 is a monitor, they can be pretty mean from time to time and their tails can cause a lot of damage :O

core_17 said:
Did you say that the grass hopper is TWO FEET LONG? :shock:
I think they where talking about the monitory but after re-reading it, it looks like he was saying that lol.

Hi Gang!
Thanks for the comments.

The 2' long grasshopper was just a bit of TIC. As for the shot itself, i actually found him out in the garden and ripped out the part of the plant he was on (Shhh don't tell the missus that) because the background was not flattering. The just held the stem up so that i had blue sky in the background. Was a bit hard to maunual focus with one hand though.

The top one is a young Saltwater Crocodile. He was about 4 ' long and in an enclosure. Yes i was in the water but only laying in ankle deep stuff (thanks 10x Optical) and i also had a spotter because there were about 50 other juvenile crocs in the water. Cropped the shot down a little but that's it. Did get a lot dirty in the process.

The middle shot is a Lace Monitor. He was about 6' long and not only can their claws do some damage they have incredibly sharp teeth that will slice you down to the bone if they get hold.

Most reactions

Back