Auto Focus

Omigosh its Steven Spielberg!!!:stun:

Omigosh its Steven Spielberg!!!:stun:

:lol::lol: nice. :hail:

As far as the AF, I'm still trying to nail that one myself. I would like to see what the resident experts are going to say.

I've been getting a handle on the nine points on my 40D. There are external buttons which make it quite easy to move between the points.

So far, I've been trying the autofocus points with set ups using the tripod. I'll move the autofocus point to the area I want to be emphasized, and use that.

It's new to me, as my Olympus E-1 had only three points. I'd pretty much keep that on the center point, autofocus, then reframe without letting up the shutter release so that the point I wanted remained in focus.

Sometimes, though, none of the autofocus points match what I want to emphasize. That's where I've really been enjoying the 'live view' of the 40D. You can move the rectangle around, zoom to 5x or 10x,and manually focus on exactly what should be.

heres a secret for you guys. have a 2.8 lens or faster on a 20D, or newer canon XTsi, whatever..wanna be able to focus on almost anything ?

Set it to just use the center point all the time. unless your shooting sports youll be fine. its dead on accurate.

What is it today - af point day?
Haven't you ever noticed that this happens quite often? Last week, I think it was ND filters. :lol:

BTW, the General Gallery is for PHOTOS. This should be in a discussion forum.

It was????????????
Must say I missed the filter talk then ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back