Autumn flight

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Was taking landscape pics when these guys suddenly appeared. Was not in bird mode but did my best with a wide angle AF-S and a slowish shutter speed. Only sharing since the background was so colorful.

Last edited:
Beautiful colors, I love the reds and the reflection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooohhh Pretty! Wish we had color!!!

Gorgeous shot - must have been so beautiful to be standing there watching!

Thanks Terri! It was a beautiful spot and not far from home or from the main road. I may have to bring my chair next time and just hang out for a while. I’m pretty sure I startled a GBH as I was noisily making my way down the path to the water. Next time I’ll be a bit more stealthy and have my long zoom and bird settings locked and ready.

Thanks Terri! It was a beautiful spot and not far from home or from the main road. I may have to bring my chair next time and just hang out for a while. I’m pretty sure I startled a GBH as I was noisily making my way down the path to the water. Next time I’ll be a bit more stealthy and have my long zoom and bird settings locked and ready.
It's not easy being a wildlife photographer, is it? :) One must learn to sit and be patient, or move like a ninja!

Beautiful colors, I love the reds and the reflection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Oooohhh Pretty! Wish we had color!!!

Nothing yet? The weird weather this fall here has made for a strange foliage season. Later than usual and patchy. The colors are out there but you have to really look for them - not the full coverage that we usually see. It hit 80 again today. The beaches have been packed with people and dogs and the hiking trails are not as crowded as they should be.

Ive decided to stop waiting for my favorite fall weather and embrace the 2nd summer. We even have some hydrangeas ready to bloom again!

It's not easy being a wildlife photographer, is it? :) One must learn to sit and be patient, or move like a ninja!

Yeah that’s why I prefer flowers. They don’t run or fly away.

Ive decided to stop waiting for my favorite fall weather and embrace the 2nd summer.

I don't know what you would call the season we're having. We haven't mowed the yard in over a week now, and it doesn't really need it yet. It's like everything else, it's gone dormant. The leaves on the trees are just turning brown and falling off.

Ive decided to stop waiting for my favorite fall weather and embrace the 2nd summer.

I don't know what you would call the season we're having. We haven't mowed the yard in over a week now, and it doesn't really need it yet. It's like everything else, it's gone dormant. The leaves on the trees are just turning brown and falling off.

Princess was bragging today that she hadn’t had to mow in weeks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back