Autumn in the Mountains

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these a little over a month ago.. right before the leaves completely changed. Not the best lighting... but I tried. I also attempted water shots, I know they ended up just a bit blurry. All C&C welcome.

nature055-1.jpg

nature003-1.jpg

nature016.jpg

nature029copy.jpg

nature046-1.jpg

nature051-12.jpg

nature033-1.jpg

Nice work, great photos. I think #7 may be my favorite of the bunch.

Number 6 is great if you let the bottom cluster of red-leaf trees dominate more. Lower the vantage point.

Thanks for the comments.

Simon... I messed with the levels a bit in PS, just to make the colors a little more vibrant because of the poor lighting.

Yes love 7, I want to eat it, lol

Oh, they do look autumnal all right! Wow. The colour of those leaves!!! Here we have only few trees that turn this red! Several that become yellow, and many that go from green to brown, but this red is really special!

I like Photo 4 as it is. It is good. A very pleasing scene!

If Photo 1 had been mine, I'd have considered a crop right to the tip of the tree on the left slope, and if Photo 5 had been mine, I might have tried a crop that would have totally excluded the sky to create a "horizon-less" photo with only the colour of that red tree dominating the composition, against an otherwise mainly darker background. (You would need to crop off the three leaves at the very top, but it then does not look unnatural, I tested it by doing the "scroll-cropping" on my screen here ;)).

Photos 6 and 7 area also beautiful as they are!

nr 6 and 7. Very nice! Did you print them big?

cheers, Mark

2, 3, 6, & 7 are the best by far. Great job on all of them, the only thing I would suggest is trying to get a better time of day, perhaps use the negative space of the sky with something great; such as pretty clouds or a sunrise/sunset.

Thank you all for the advice and comments!!
LaFoto, thanks for your advice. I like your ideas.

Since I cannot drive yet, I have no choice when I get to go, so the time of day and weather isn't in my control. But this next summer I'll have my liscense so I'm excited to get some great pictures, and take as much time as I want.

I love 3,6&7. I love the way that the water looks in number 3! 6&7 give a real sense of autumn as I think of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back