Autumn shots

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some of the autumn shots I've taken about a year ago.

1: one of the last rose hips
a93fa9d7.jpg

2: some very late blooming roses growing in the midst of grass
fce5d506.jpg

3: dead leafs in a lake (I wish they had come out more colour-intense,
but the surface of the water "swallowed" a good part of the colours.)
129f7c28.jpg

4: autumn sunset over city roof
01bc96cf.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm confused to why there are no comments are on these shots yet! All are very good shots well exposed and nicely composed. #2 and 3# are excellent - Nice Work!

Take it as a compliment that no one replied right away. We are all jealous :meh:.

Wonderful shots! I especially enjoyed 3 and 4.

I am here, looking at your Autumn-Impressions for the fourth time, Pax. Unfortunately, your pictures did take their time in showing up all four of them for me, I used to get per part only red x's, so I told myself to rather wait until your server is back to full capacity. Which seems to be the case now.

And I must say that I like all four of them. They really give a nice autumn impression, they offer some feeling of autumn, the emotion of time going by, of ... aargh, who took my dictionary? I have a word in mind that goes with "transient" but am not sure if that is the one... :roll: --- anyhow, they carry emotion and I like it a lot.

You could try to push contrasts in the Leaves Under Water to overcome the loss that was caused by the reflecting surface, but I don't know about the possible outcome. It could become my favourite.

So far, my favourite (by far) is the second.

Great shots. Love the colours you got. Number 3 is neat.

Thank you very much for your nice replies, Randog, Peanuts, LaFoto, Chiller and Aprilraven! I'm glad to see that you liked all four pictures. :D

But hey, no need for jealousy there, Peanuts, as I see so many nice pictures around. :wink:

LaFoto, I'm glad the pictures finally loaded for you. Regarding the underwater-leafes: I tried to push the contrast of the picture but then the wood-pole started to look to sharp and unreal. Unfortunately I don't do too well with the photo-editing-software, so I don't know how to push the contrast of the underwater area only.

It's funny to see how you all liked number 3 so much. This was the one that I was the most insecure about. I liked the "3 worlds" I captured (the pole outside of the water, the surface with the leaves and the stones under the water), but didn't know if it came across nicely. It seems like it did, so thank you, again, for replying. :D

Beautiful pictures, beautiful colors... Love the roses growing through the grass, it looks so... different :).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back