BABY RED ALERT!? Pic and update . . .

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so as many of you know by now my wife and I are expecting our first born ANY minute now and I just got off the phone with her. She is on her way home from work . . .

(Here is the backlog from the last month or so) We have had to go to the hospital 2 times a week for 2 hours of baby heart monitoring because my wife is insulin depentdant diabetic and they do this to ensure proper heart function ect due to the increased rate of still birth in diabetic mothers. These were also accompanied by almost weekly ultrasounds. The baby has been in the head up position almost the entire pregnancy. I say almost because it did flip once, and then went back head up. Last week we past the point of no return for the baby to flip on it's own the doctors decided to try and "manually" flip the kid from the outside world. For anyone who does not know what this entails it is quite painfull and has a low success rate. We failed in the attempt :( So the c-section was to be scheduled for June 8 at 8:00am. Of course the doctor sent us home saying "Yes but feel free to go into labor anytime" we were like, "what? did we need your permission before?!"

Anyway back to today. It seems as though the wife is CURRENTLY (@11:25am CST) having contractions about every 11 minutes or so apart :shock: she called the doctor and they said to go home, put the feet up, and call back when they are 10min apart for an hour. I guess we'll see what happens! Oh ya and today just happens to be the day I have picked for the baby pool where she works ;)

Now for the image . . .

This all transpired about 10 minutes after I got home from an hour or so of driving around taking some in-car, action, self portrait sort of shots. I was half way through editing this picture when I got the call. I then realized that this is basically how it would look if I had to go get her and drive to the hospital! Kind of ironic huh? I'll be online until I find out if we are going today or not (I think) so hopefully there will be more updates yet today. Just thought I'd let you all know since I haven't been posting much lately.

This was originally going to be a completely different post topic but this works too ;)

drive8812.jpg

Yay! Congrats! I hope everything goes well!!!

Very good picture!! :)

Oh wow...I'm sure you must feel nervous and excited (I remember when you announced she was pregnant, too!)...Good luck with everything...I'll keep the three of you in my thoughts. :)

I'm so excited...another forum baby! :)

Okay, now we're all officially on baby-watch with you! :) Great image, really suits the mood today! :thumbup:

We'll be waiting!

How thrilling!
And what a photo to be working on when rushing someplace is - or seems to be imminently - on your agenda for today! Wow, wow, wow.
From the time my first ever contractions were regularly 10 minutes apart for an hour to when my first-born arrived some 9 hours passed...

Thats great! all the best to you guys....hope it goes well :D
cool piccie :)

Thanks everyone :blushing: Just got another call, 10mins or so apart and still going :shock:

Hehe, also for anyone who is actually looking at the pic this one WAS done with a tripod wedged in the backseat and pre-angled/exposed then I just held the remote in my right hand goingdown the road at about 60mph. Wide angle conveter (about 18mm effective), 10D, AI Servo Focus, f/20 @ 1/8 ISO-100. Converted to grayscale via green channel, convert to Duo-Tone using I forgot what settings, and then selective darkening, burning, and vignette. Also a touch of USM. Obviously kind of alot of post edit but only for about 15minutes ;)

I really hope this happens today! :lovey:

First congrats!!! Can't wait to see what kind of baby photos you turn out :) Second I love the shot! Excellent work at setting it all up, it's like you can feel the speed! And third, after when is your avatar due? :lol:

Congrats! Can't wait to hear how everything goes. Sorry about the failed version attempt. I had that done with my 2nd son and you're right it's not fun (though Lucas did flip for us). I can't wait to see those newborn shots :love:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back