Back where I belong

that's a great cemetary...boy that Massey crypt is something else. All well shot mate....there must be a reason that guy is all walled up, heh heh stuff like that really gets my mind going.....I guess I'll never grow up lol. On another note I'm hoping to get to the cemetary island of Venice, San Michelle soon. It's one of five monumental cemetaries in Italy, the word from a friend is they are all amazing....so much to do!

Thanks again for your comments.
LaFoto...I think with cemetery pics it depends on the person. I have thousands of images of cemeteries and gravestones. I remember a thread on another forum where a member called some of the photos Hauntingly Beautiful. I think there is a morbid fascination with cemeteries. Some might be afraid of them, some enjoy the peace in death, some find it disrespectful to take photos in cemeteries.
That is the beauty of the world, everyone has their own vision of what they want their images to look like, and each will see that image different then the one beside them. Whether is is a flower, or a gravestone, two people will see if different and have a different view of it.
As for gravestones and cemeteries being darkside, I think it really depends on the viewer.

Sorry for the double post...

Roger...the Massey mausoleum belongs to Hart Almerin Massey. It was constructed in 1891 for a cost of $25,000.00. Without going into a massive history of Toronto, the Massey family played an important roll in the construction of many buildings in the city. He was the owner of a company called Massey Manufacturing Company, which was later renamed Massey-Harris Company. They specialized in the making of farm equipment back in the day. Today they are known as Massey - Ferguson. Im not sure of the number of members buried in the Massey plot, but I think I remember 19.(I could be wrong here) I know 11 are buried in just the land surround the building alone.

great photos. love The Headstones quote in ur signature. i didn't think there were any of us left!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much everyone. Appreciate your comments.
Ted....gotta dig the headstones. :headbang::headbang:

Oh please...please tell me why you are banned...sort of! ;O)

Most reactions

Back