Bah humbug. Multiple posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable.

Can we start a religion thread now?

Those are always fun on internet forums.

chaseman24 said:
This is definitely a topic I would like to hear MUCH more commenting on.

Thanks,
Chase

oky doky....

firstly, allow me to wax philosophic:

- this is a private forum owned by Chase. the rules here are dictated by him and carried out by people that have been appointed by him. that's the way private ownership works.
- people have come to expect some things:
- either full freedom in line with their OWN expectations or
- a document of sorts that state the rules
- if rules are created 'on the fly', announce the rules in a dignified fashion.

now some mind bending stuff.

you know what true freedom is? true freedom is the absence of law and order. it is exactly that. true freedom is inherently bad (history bears this out). therefore; there needs to be....

- a mission. this is evident in the forums that are available.
- a ruleset and moderation. this is clearly established.

so the rules are stated and enforced and the board has a mission. there's no problem here.....

until you mix in subjective thoughts. then personal gripes can bring down entire rulesets (that worked to begin with) and thus begins the crumbling into 'true freedom'; chaos. further, the attempt to moderate to a faux utopia is not apparent. and this is a good thing.

all that being said, in my time here i've yet to see anyone banned. think about this: that's what happens if you break the rules. i've seen no one banned. i've seen debate. that happens. it's supposed to happen. it's a gel.

personally, i happen to think this forum is very well run. there are many other photography forums; i choose to spend my time here. i don't have a **** load of time to engage in multiple forums. there's no fascist regime here; merely a guiding by people that do their jobs. matter of fact, i've rarely seen 'obvious moderation'. the mods here post in the forums just like every other member, but do a boat load behind the scenes to keep it running smoothly.

my only advice to you, Chase, is to not look for a problem where there is only subjective issue.

Why is it that Im getting the brunt of this situation? sure, I said what I said to ty because I was not sure he was aware that he could reply to his own posts. It wasnt to put him down or belittle him in anyway shape or form. god, everybody needs to lighten up. go running, slap your dog, do whatever it is you have to do to relieve stress, but dont hang your s**t on me, cause you have picked the wrong guy. rules are rules. whether built on the fly or not, they must be upheld, respected, and adhered to.

I AM HEREBY GIVING UP HEAD MODERATOR

oh, and this time...i really am gone.

peace
trish

Trish....

...this has nothing to do with people, it has to do with situations. read my recent post. rules are rules; the mods here do a great job. simple as that.

Well I started out replying with a big long list of things, but I realized that I didn't really have anything new to say so I decided to make it short and sweet.
I'm sorry if anyone feels bad about the way this place is moderated, but I for one think we do a good job, especially Chase and MD.
Matt, I and many others hate to see you leave. You've been here longer then any other person I know (excluding chase). I really hope you'll still reconsider.

Well I just want to say that I really disagree that there has ever been any sort of policing on this forum. I sure ain't seen it. You guys do a great job. Please come and moderate on my forum, because we actually have a religion thread right now that's got several pairs of panties in bunches. Yeah its fun... :roll:

Hi everyone.
Being the only Southern Hemispherian mod here, I've only just discovered this and am sitting here in shock.

Firstly, I hope Matt is just going away for a little time to get a breather because it would be a very sad day for this fantastic forum if he left.

This has been blown TOTALLY out of proportion and makes me feel rather upset that it is something that people even feel the need to worry about.

QP, you must not have visted message forums before. Im stepping away from my mod position for these comments and commenting as a member. This place is one of the kindest, friendliest and least "police like" modded forums Ive ever seen.
I am a moderator at 2 other forums, one being Orie's, another being a large U2 forum. This place is like a heaven compared to the U2 one and IT is actually the "nice" U2 board on the net.
If you think we are modding in a police like fashion, don't go to other places, because you may get a nasty shock.

It was a SIMPLE request and not one that required such a reaction. If whatever was asked is in fact such a terrible thing(which in my opinion is not, its only common sense really), I ask you NOT to put the blame on Matt. As Chase has said, it was a team decision and Matt took it upon himself to post the thread. So it was out of his efficiency that he is now being accused of such silly things.
This is just all so silly.
If you want to blame someone, blame me. Matt doesn't deserve to be treated in such a way. He was only doing what we all agreed on and shouldn't be told off for it. Not to mention the fact that the request wasn't a ridiculous one.

Chase runs this place off his own back, his own server and money. Its only common sense that we don't use up bandwidth that doesn't need to be used up. I don't recall Matthew demanding or speaking to anyone in a rude fashion either. It was a simple request to in fact think of other members, not one trying silence you or stop you from posting or whatever it is you thought it was. We honestly made this decision thinking of the members whose photographs were disappearing off the page.
Yes, its not a big deal, and thats why this thread should never have even been created.

Chill out, kids. It simply isn't worth people feeling unwelcome and now wanting to leave what I consider a fantastic community to be a part of.

Matt, I hope you are still here and can see from the amount of support you DO have that people don't want you to leave or quit your modding job which you have done fabulously well so far.

Let's keep this place happy please :sillysmi:

I jus checked back in. Gosh...

First Matt, its not big deal. Certainly not worth quiting something you are good at. Just breath deep and keep on trucking. I am sorry my irritation (not pissed off, not "Im taking my ball and going home." I never said I was leaving. Just not posting pics" ) caused such an incredible stink. You'd think my days of USNETing would have warned me. Dont sweat it.

Second, Chill, everyone please. Big breath and just let it go. I am quite sure that my level of irritation at what I felt was being singled out for a policy that I did not know existed, certainly didnt warrant anyone getting their ire up. No sides. Geez, I was irritated not even really mad.

Third, can this thread just go away? Not worth it. Not at all.

Fourth, I could argue several points on the policy. Not going to. Not worth it. Not that big a deal. Not even close Too much good, too many good people here to "crap, in the front room" to borrow a colloqualism. (see, now you made me start talking like I was writing another Philosophy 204 paper.

Please, let this be the last post on the subject. The policy exists. I accept it. Its not like I am paying for the site. I felt gunned at. BIG DEAL. Its happeded before and I lived and even got over it.

Hey, Matt? Peace bro, I never gunned at you. Never sniped at you. Didnt name you. Didnt want you to get your fingers singed. "Ignore the Philistines. Their champion is noisome." Thats my unwavering policy. It works. Carry on folks. Post more pictures and post less drivel people!

Peace out. :afro: I'll be back when the dust settles.

Tyjax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back