ballet recital

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
aside from the hair that's overlapping her right arm (ill fix that later), i was hoping you guys could comment on the processing.
is it too dark? too light? does she look fake? is it too soft? etc...

it was over 100 degrees in the gym when i took this.

isa3vg4.jpg

thanks!

It's pretty dark on my screen. I could us a little lightening, but I like the pose and her expression.

thanks for the feedback.

reworked. is this one too bright or does this look ok? should i have kept the background dark?

isa3af1.jpg

ooooh I cant wait for my daughter to be old enough for ballet...I hope she likes it or we are going to have an issue LOL

I like the reworked one. Totally cute, she looks like she is focused

Edit is much better, but the red dot bugs me.

Cute girl with the attitude. :lol:

at first i didnt know what red dot you were talking about.
there were red dots all over the floor for the little kids so they'd know where they had to stand. it was cute. :lovey:
i can edit that out. thanks for the feedback!

This image screams 'black and white' to me, I don't know why (though it's very cute as-is). Maybe do a calculations with a 50% multiply with blue on the first channel source and red on the second channel source. Maybe a quadtone. It's just such a classy, timeless subject (child/ballet).

Edit: Guess other folks suggested dot removal... heh! Go go my reading ability

^^ thats a lot more than i know how to do in PS, but when i learn all that, ill give it a go. thanks!

here was my quick conversion via calculations and then quadtoned. During the first conversion, the % of the multiply might need to be tweaked. Her hair posterizes a bit (using the jpeg as the source):

ballet_girl.jpg

rufus5150, i like that the red in her face is less visible. when i was working on it last night, i was using the blue and green channels in calculations and i cant remember what i set the blending mode to, but it wasnt multiply.... your black and white looks nice though. thanks!

mia, thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back