Ballpark Price for Used Canon EF 400 f/2.8 L

soylentgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone here own a EF 400 f/2.8 L? It's the non-IS version. If so, what is a ballpark price for one that is used? A person has loaned one to me to try out this weekend in hopes that I might buy it. Asking about $3K USD for it. I tried B&H and Adorama for a price check, but nothing came up. If it performs as well as its suppose to, I want to make them a fair offer.

No, but about 2 years ago a sports shooter I know was thinking about upgrating, was going to ask 3K for the old one

I will decide once I have the lens checked out and give it a thorough testing. Figure the IS version is about $6,400.
I have only been up to Green Cay once thus far. I have not run into him. I plan on heading up the following weekend. This weekend is Sanibel Island. Hopefully, the weather holds.

fair? why? low-ball him, and then haggle.

There really isn't anything as a bargain basement L lens. Even used they retain a fair bit of value. A different category all together; especially large aperature super-telephotos. The EF 400 f/2.8 L is quite possibly the best telephoto lens on the market. The seller knows what he's got.

I'd imagine being the owner of that lens means he payed for it out the @$$ at one point, I'd sure hope he knows. Well if you like it, I think you should get it, it sounds like an awesome lens.

Too bad there isn't a blue book for lenses with their depreciation value.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back