Barn and Field in Tipperary

ei5jf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
BarnandField.jpg

Shot this one near Rose Green in Tipperary. The Evening light was just calling for the camera.. Was working that Evening and had the 300D with me, a 28-105 non L lens... Shot @ 28 mm FL , 4.5 at 300 Sec, ISO 200
Comments Welcomed

Andy

THESE were the colours?
They were there, like this?
No tweaking, now HDR technique?
If so, then the scene was AMAZING!
Stuff for a linen tea towel that could then go into a frame and be put on someone's wall (I am saying so because in my home from when I was a child my parents had a framed Irish tea towel with a Donegal scene for decades, it was on our dining room wall, and actually I am sure it still exists somewhere).

I might want to dig out my slides taken in Co. Limerick back in 1977, the only time I ever was there (and in Tipperary, too, for that matter) - if I dare show you those ancient "works" ("bloopers" much rather, I fear) of mine...

Wow. Works for me.

I did bring up the Sat in PS and as I did not have a Grad filter with me, burn in the Sky a little more,, but now a great deal of manipulation. I go past this scene nearly everyday here in Tipperary , it is about 3 miles from where I live...Amazing how the light can be flat one day and then totally different the next. As for the equipment, I have a 1DS and L lenses but do not carry them in the car all the time. I keep my 300D in the car with a Mk2 USM 28-105 and a 15 year old 70-210 USM lens. I still marvel at how good the 300D is considering it is a Fraction of the price of my so called Pro ' gear that I use when working..
Thanks again for looking
Andy

The scene is beautiful and the composition and exposure look fine. The white balance looks all wrong though.

Great scene. Love the colors.

If that was me standing there looking at that scene, I'd say 'pinch me, this can't be real'. It looks like a watercolour painting, with each element (green-covered brick building, hay bales, rolling fields, and dramatic clouds) lovingly selected and placed.

I did bring up the Sat in PS and as I did not have a Grad filter with me, burn in the Sky a little more,,Andy

A great shot with great impact and super colour. Just in the nature of FYI, if I do not have for example a grad filter with me, then I would use a software grad filter in postprocessing. Software filters can improve colour without some of the weaknesses of Sat in PS such as banding or colour noise etc. although you avoided those problems here.

A very artistic feel.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back