Batch Resizing of Images In Photoshop?

Wait!! How do you do it? I've posted this question here before with no response!

Check your PM box - it's amazing what the Board Fairy can do...

I'll post it here as well.

Batch Processing in PhotoShop:
PhotoShop 4 introduced Batch Actions and it is implemented in all subsequent versions.

Window>Actions
will open the dialogue box.
Having worked out exactly what to do
Click 'create new action' at the bottom of the dialogue panel.
Name the action and click 'record'.
Do what adjustments you need to do on an image (you can do levels and colour balance and everything) and then click 'stop'.
You have now got a sequence that PS will follow.
To batch process:
Create a new folder and put all the files you want to process in the folder. Set up another (empty) folder.
Click on the Action you want to carry out in the Actions panel and choose Batch from the pop-up.
You should get a Batch dialogue box. Choose the folder with the images in as Source. Choose the empty folder as Destination.
Click OK and PS should just batch process everything.
I use a Mac and I've just tried this and it works on a Mac. Can't guarantee on a PC so make a back-up of your images first.

It's close enough for PC. Even I figured it out. ;) Just a note.... If you want your images to be evenly sized, split them into two folders. One for vertical shots and one for horizontal ones. Works like a charm! :mrgreen: Thanks Hertz!!! You just made my post processing WAY easier. :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back