Batis Focus Delay

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why does the Batis 85 1.8 take a couple of seconds to focus?

It has been a few months since the question was posted, and I have not used that particular lens, but as a general comment, if you mean a full re-focus from near end to far end or the opposite, that might be typical of that type of lens in general. I have seen lenses take that long in some situations. Usually we do not see the "worst cases" in day to day photography. Most typically, we might re-focus from something 12' away to maybe something 15' away. A change like that should generally be quick.

What camera was it on? Was all the latest firmware installed (both for the lens and for the body)? Do you have some sample pictures, preferably with EXIF data available?

I just seen this post. Looking at the specs, it seems to have an extremely long focus throw and is focus by wire for AF. Probably would be fast on a full frame mirrorless camera. Not sure what your using it on but from what I read it is optimal for Sony cameras. I remember trying a focus by wire Zeiss macro lens on my Fujifilm and it was painfully slow with AF, so I opted for manual focus and it was a journey to hit the spot. I opted for the Fuji 60 macro instead and it wasn't much better but a more useful lens.

Thanks for that. I'm using it on a Sony a6000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back