Be Gentle: My First Pic Post

Moxie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, here are the 'keepers' from my first big camera. Be gentle, as I am still learning. What do you think?

Taken last night:

wintermoon.jpg

Taken today:

hideaway.jpg

Well they're good starts. If you'd like some constructive feedback, I'd suggest cropping closer in to the moon on the first one, because there is alot of dead black space at the edges. If we could get a closer more full-framed shot of the moon and that nice creepy branch, it would make the shot stronger.

The second shot is nice and clear, but I think it would benefit from having a definite subject. The tree you're shooting is engulfed by all the trees around it and it doesn't stick out very much. Maybe if you could find a tree that isn't so closely surrounded, then this kind of shot would also be stronger.

Keep it up!

The only difference between a master photographer and a newbie is 10,000 mistakes. So get out there and make those mistakes; that's the slow path to improvement.

Thanks for the great feedback!

I wanted a closer shot of the moon, but with the lens that I am working with, that was the best that I could do. I am getting a 70-300mm here within the week *crosses fingers*, and I have noticed that shot came out a bit grainier, possibly from resizing?

And I totally see what you're saying about the tree! I just though it looked pretty. hehe

Something more like this perhaps?

oleman.jpg

I think it's a bit off centered, I just didnt want to cut off the left side branches.

that is better, but the trees on the right are still a little destracting. a good way of making the tree the main subject is to find an isolated one in the middle of a field so it might be the only tree in the frame.
but that tree is very interseting.....

Right! That is why I chose that subject. I must have driven by that tree half a million times and never really noticed it until today. Funny how snow can do that type of thing to an object.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back